Specialty Restaurant Room Service

csto

If this is true, I am totally unaware of the benefit. I guess I'll learn more when we ae on the Explorer in March since we'll be in a Master Suite and will have guests for dinner. As far as we at concerned, there is no need to order from a specialty restaurant since the offerings from CR are so great!

If this is true, I am totally unaware of the benefit.

Here you go. It is a listed benefit of the Regent Suite, Master Suites and Grand Suites:

"24-Hour Room Service with Specialty Restaurant Selections During Dining Hours"

j

Here you go. It is a listed benefit of the Regent Suite, Master Suites and Grand Suites:

"24-Hour Room Service with Specialty Restaurant Selections During Dining Hours"

j

Thank you again. Since we are so taken with the new CR menu, it is likely that we'll order from that restaurant. The specialties are fine but have less options than CR.

Thank you again. Since we are so taken with the new CR menu, it is likely that we'll order from that restaurant. The specialties are fine but have less options than CR.

That's your right, but why put down the idea.....If it's allowed why do you care?

That's your right, but why put down the idea.....If it's allowed why do you care?

I didn't put down the idea - it just isn't a big deal to me. Keep in mind that very few people on any cruise can take advantage of benefits given to Grand, Master and Regent suites so this is not something that most people can relate to. For this reason, I don't like talking about the benefits(unless asked). I've been more outspoken about which suite we are in on the Explorer because it is a new ship -- we have toured every level of suite and have information that we can share based on this.

As much as I post on this board, I feel that sometimes saying less is more.

Bill, I agree - this isn't even something that we think about as we do not sail in the two top suite levels (three on the Explorer) very often...... in fact, with the exception of the Explorer, the only times we've been in one of these suites was when we were offered an upsell. And, as you will soon learn, the lower category suites on the Explorer are wonderful.

Edited by Travelcat2

I didn't put down the idea - it just isn't a big deal to me. Keep in mind that very few people on any cruise can take advantage of benefits given to Grand, Master and Regent suites so this is not something that most people can relate to. For this reason, I've been more outspoken about which suite we are in on the Explorer because it is a new ship -- we have toured every level of suite and have information that we can share based on this.

As much as I post on this board, I feel that sometimes saying less is more.l.

True, and I'd say I enjoy most of what you write, and learn a lot from it-you are very knowable about Regent and that's good--but sometimes....just saying. But I really do appreciate your post.

Rick

• 11 months later...

I tried to get dinner from there. The answer was no. This is the first cruise line I have been told NO about getting food from any restaurant but MDR. Needed hot soup yesterday and I was told two kinds. Some ships have four.rhe soup was ok but if I was sick not the soup I would want.

Still noticing little things that does not make this five stars. Food in room, lack on drinks on pier, early nights if music. Poor hours at medical,center. Face it 6 Tom7 most people are dressing for dinner or drinking, what happened to day time hours

I tried to get dinner from there. The answer was no. This is the first cruise line I have been told NO about getting food from any restaurant but MDR. Needed hot soup yesterday and I was told two kinds. Some ships have four.rhe soup was ok but if I was sick not the soup I would want.

Still noticing little things that does not make this five stars. Food in room, lack on drinks on pier, early nights if music. Poor hours at medical,center. Face it 6 Tom7 most people are dressing for dinner or drinking, what happened to day time hours

So is safe to assume this will be your last cruise on Regent?

Crystal will not do it, unless you are in one of the upper-level cabins.

I don't know of any luxury cruise line that will let everyone order from specialty restaurants. I think that the fact that Regent permits everyone to order from Compass Rose during dinner hours is a good thing. Sette Mari, on the other hand, is set up in a way that you really need to be there to get the full experience. After all, salads/antipasti bar is a buffet - there are also antipasti items delivered to your table and dessert is also a buffet. We could dine in Sette Mari and never order a main dish since there is so much food available.

If you step away from luxury cruise lines and go to premium plus/luxury lite - like Oceania, unless you are in an upper suite (PH and above I believe), you can't even order a hot breakfast from room service. In the top suites you can order in from one specialty restaurant (per day) which is nice. My point is that Regent isn't doing anything less than other cruise lines.

Most ships is only mdr I agree. But i would think if one line in a PH allows you to order from a speciality place then i wish other lines did.

Would be easier for me

Been sick twice with cough etc and i put myself on cabin rest to keep others safe

So my point i like more choices on soups and some starters then two.

As far as Sette Mari I had not even opened my menu and a ton of food was on my table including bread. I ate some olives and never tasted the rest.

Dessert was given to me also with a dessert drink