Trip cancellation experience

vkb2751

We had to cancel 3 cruises because my DH had a Mini stroke in Sept. By the grace of God he is fine.

Just want all the helpful cruisers here who provide valuable info on insurance and other info to know our experience.

Cruise 1 was insured with Travel Guard Gold Plan. Claim was paid within 4 weeks as promised. Celebrity refunded taxes only.

Cruise 3 was covered with Sapphire Reserve cc and was paid within 2 weeks after all docs provided. Celebrity refunded all but deposit amount of $900.

Cruise 2 - was also covered with Sapphire Reserve cc. Waiting for partial payment this week. Celebrity refunded 50% of total cruise cost. British airways issued some future credit which we were not aware of, so Chase is holding that amount till credit expires on 3/15/18. I am trying to find out who is holding the credit! Choice air told me to call American Airlines. AA told me to call British Airways. Can’t speak to anyone there. Have requested a written response. The original response was no refund due!

Most important is to get in writing from cruiseline how much refund is issued by them along with all other docs requested.

Glad your booked cruises were covered by insurance and refunded. It’s really worth the effort to check if advanced payments are covered. Will appreciate your feedback on how the issue on flight credits are resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and I cancelled our early Oct cruise due to increasingly poor health with my mother. We cancelled early enough to get partial credit from the cruise line and submitted our claim with the ins. company early Oct for the balance.

We are still trying to get this resolved. We sent in LOTS of paperwork, everything they asked for and they still want more.

I just don't have a good feeling about this.

Question....we paid everything, cruise and insurance with our American Express card. Any chance AE will go to bat for us and help in this situation?

My wife and I cancelled our early Oct cruise due to increasingly poor health with my mother. We cancelled early enough to get partial credit from the cruise line and submitted our claim with the ins. company early Oct for the balance.

We are still trying to get this resolved. We sent in LOTS of paperwork, everything they asked for and they still want more.

I just don't have a good feeling about this.

Question....we paid everything, cruise and insurance with our American Express card. Any chance AE will go to bat for us and help in this situation?

I just responded to your other post/thread with a different suggestion, still relevant.

But with Amex, I wouldn't hesitate to include them in this merry escapade :eek:

Worst case, they'd end up saying they can't help.

My main concern involves any deadlines or time limits from payment.

I don't know how they handle it when payment is long before the "purchase" actually arrives, so to speak.

But EVERY time we've asked Amex Plat for help, they've found in our favor.

It isn't that many times, but over decades, there have been a few.

GC