Picture-A-Week 2017 - Week 49

pierces

Saturday afternoon. The family is gathered for the annual lunch celebrating (the dog) Frankie’s birthday party. Family Christmas photos are taken and Jackie's mom is putting the finishing touches on fresh strawberry stuffed cupcakes, topped with her amazing whipped pastry cream. Fortunately for Jackie, mom was raised in a loving, practical environment that understands that there are basic rules of etiquette. One of the most important rules is that during the holidays, no utensil used to prepare, decorate or serve any seasonal pastry, pudding, cake, pie or other dessert can be put in the dishwasher before it is thoroughly licked by a child. Rules are rules.

Christmas Rules

p2670139218-5.jpg

Dave

A few shots from my first night up at Disney World - I was meeting up with a photo group annual meet, and hadn't unpacked any of my bags on the Wednesday I arrived - I checked into my villa then immediately ran out the door to Disney Springs to meet the group for dinner...I had brought the RX10 along and it was not packed in the main camera bag, so I grabbed it to shoot that first day.

The Christmas tree at Disney Springs shopping area:

original.jpg

Looking out over the Disney Springs, at Cooke's of Dublin restaurant:

original.jpg

After dinner at the Boathouse restaurant, the group headed over to the Port Orleans Riverside resort to catch the always entertaining, extremely active, goofy and brilliant piano stylings of Yehaa Bob Jackson, a Disney institution:

original.jpg

original.jpg

Returning to my villa at Boardwalk Resort, I stopped after midnight to take a shot of the neighboring Dolphin Hotel, all lit up with Christmas colors and reflecting in the river:

original.jpg

Saturday afternoon. The family is gathered for the annual lunch celebrating (the dog) Frankie’s birthday party. Family Christmas photos are taken and Jackie's mom is putting the finishing touches on fresh strawberry stuffed cupcakes, topped with her amazing whipped pastry cream. Fortunately for Jackie, mom was raised in a loving, practical environment that understands that there are basic rules of etiquette. One of the most important rules is that during the holidays, no utensil used to prepare, decorate or serve any seasonal pastry, pudding, cake, pie or other dessert can be put in the dishwasher before it is thoroughly licked by a child. Rules are rules.

Christmas Rules

p2670139218-5.jpg

Dave

Very very sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums