12/20 cruse from Fort Lauderdale to LA. Warm Clothes?

der110

On Princess, my girl friend and I are going on our first cruise (not counting World Campus Afloat in 1972) on December 20, leaving from Fort Lauderdale and ending up two weeks later in LA. We assume the weather will be pretty warm, but would appreciate any words of wisdom on clothing it would be appropriate to bring. Any other tips related to this cruise also would be gratefully received.

On Princess, my girl friend and I are going on our first cruise (not counting World Campus Afloat in 1972) on December 20, leaving from Fort Lauderdale and ending up two weeks later in LA. We assume the weather will be pretty warm, but would appreciate any words of wisdom on clothing it would be appropriate to bring. Any other tips related to this cruise also would be gratefully received.

The last one or two days might be cooler than the rest of the cruise. Bring acover up for those days. When you transit the Canal. Don't stay in place but move around to see the Canal and Locks from different directions.

:)I live in LA. It’s been rather cold and windy lately (despite fires). It is relative though. Cold for us here is 60 degrees F. If you think that’s cold, I would say it can be cold your last day or two as you get closer to LA.

Overall you will be traveling some areas where it will be very hot/humid, a few where it won't be as hot

and a few where it could be cooler. Of course with weather you never know for sure.

You may encounter some rain so a light waterproof jacket would be good if you have them.

Wishing you both a wonderful cruise.

Keith

:)I live in LA. It’s been rather cold and windy lately (despite fires). It is relative though. Cold for us here is 60 degrees F. If you think that’s cold, I would say it can be cold your last day or two as you get closer to LA.

I am originally from San Diego and thought that once. As an east coaster, I now think 60 is balmy.

We just got back from a Panama Canal transit (Fort Lauderdale to San Diego) on Dec 2 on Holland America. The word that comes to mind is hot. It was well into the 80's every day (and very humid) the entire time until we left Cabo San Lucas. Then the temperature was much cooler for a couple of days but by the time we got to San Diego it was very nice.