Coopers Island Reserve

1bets1

Hi All, so while I'm freezing here in NJ, I'm dreaming about my trip to Bermuda in June 2018. I'm traveling with my daughter. We'd like to see something different this time, and I'm looking at Coopers Island Reserve. So...

1. How hard will this be to find/get to? I know I take the ferry to St George. From there, does the HOHO bus go close to it?

2. Has this HOHO business gotten built up any? I was on it a few years ago, when they first started, and it was like 'I'm not sure he's working today' type thing.

3. If cab is the best option, about how much would it cost? Would I be able to get one back easily?

4. Tell me all you know about Coopers Island! We love walking/hiking trails, and love the beautiful beaches. Are there bathrooms or anything to eat?

Thanks in advance, and happy holidays!

Hi All, so while I'm freezing here in NJ, I'm dreaming about my trip to Bermuda in June 2018. I'm traveling with my daughter. We'd like to see something different this time, and I'm looking at Coopers Island Reserve. So...

1. How hard will this be to find/get to? I know I take the ferry to St George. From there, does the HOHO bus go close to it?

2. Has this HOHO business gotten built up any? I was on it a few years ago, when they first started, and it was like 'I'm not sure he's working today' type thing.

The HOHO bus was discontinued a few years ago. It only ran one season.

There are several options now. Taxi, public bus and possibly private minibus.

From a recent story.

There may be new transportation available soon.

( Mr Thomas stressed that the new facilities at Clearwater Beach is entirely separate from Tobacco Bay.

The Bermuda Triangle Beach experience will operate from April to November next year.

Besides providing bathroom facilities, which will be maintained on a daily bases, it will also include a gift shop that will sell souvenirs. There will be transport between King’s Square to Clearwater Beach. Beyond the beach activities there will be walking and bus tours to highlight the wildlife and experience the beauty of the East End.)

Thank you biker@sea. I assume Clearwater beach is near Coopers Island?

Close by. About a ten minute or so walk. There is Clearwater which is a man made beach with facilities, then Turtle which is natural and the Coopers Island Reserve both having no faciities in the same area. The area which is part of St. Davids parish is well worth a visit. There is also a lighthouse.

• 2 weeks later...

We were there last year and we took the shuttle. We got it from the tourism office on the square. I think it was $18 round trip but I don’t remember if it was pp or for both of us (I wasn’t paying [emoji12]). Worked out well. The driver dropped us by Goombey’s Bar - a really fun place, then picked us up at an arranged time.

Unfortunately it was raining that day so we didn’t get to see as much of Cooper’s Island as I’d hoped. It’s all within walking distance from where the shuttle dropped us off.

Clearwater/Cooper’s Island is not right close to St George. The ride took about 20-25 minutes so plan accordingly. Someone mentioned Tobacco Bay - which is closer, but smaller and often crowded. Clearwater/Cooper’s is more scenic IMO.

If you come in on the ferry, there will be cabs right there if you don’t want to walk to the square. I think the next time we go, we will grab a cab and ask the driver to come back for us. They will call a cab if you ask at Goombey’s.

Sent from my iPad using Forums