antigua, st kitts, st john snorkeling

firstalaskatrip

Hi all - Which is better for snorkeling - antigua or st kitts? Think we would like to do snorkeling in one of these ports. Also - how is snorkeling in trunk bay st john and does anyone know how it faired in the hurricane? I've heard mixed things in general about how the snorkeling is there. appreciate any advice.

• 2 weeks later...

We have been snorkeling at 3 of the 4. We have never snorkeled at St Kitts. We have always gone with private excursions. The best snorkeling will be in St Lucia out by the Pitons. Do you want to just snorkel or lunch and beach day also? That would determine which tour to take. There is no where to snorkel just off the pier. Maybe Barbados but not sure.

Antigua - Eli's Eco tour, can highly recommend. We have used them before and are going to do so again in March.

St Lucia - Scuba Steve, if you just want to snorkel and get back. He caters to divers but will take some snorkelers if he has room. We have gone with him twice. Once he gets the divers in the water you are free to get in.

St Lucia - Spencer Ambrose. We just went with him this past year and had a great time. We did the beach break. It was an all day thing and we had a great time. He apparently now does a shorter trip that takes you out to Chas Ansenet. Which has wonderful snorkeling. You will definitely feel the thermoclines snorkeling in St Lucia.

Barabdos - Can highly recommend Calabazza and Silvermoon. They both go to the same place. Two stops, one with turtles and another one over an sunken boat/artificial reef.

I guess if I had to choose it would be St Lucia and Antigua. But neither can be walked or driven to.

Sherry

We have been snorkeling at 3 of the 4. We have never snorkeled at St Kitts. We have always gone with private excursions. The best snorkeling will be in St Lucia out by the Pitons. Do you want to just snorkel or lunch and beach day also? That would determine which tour to take. There is no where to snorkel just off the pier. Maybe Barbados but not sure.

Antigua - Eli's Eco tour, can highly recommend. We have used them before and are going to do so again in March.

St Lucia - Scuba Steve, if you just want to snorkel and get back. He caters to divers but will take some snorkelers if he has room. We have gone with him twice. Once he gets the divers in the water you are free to get in.

St Lucia - Spencer Ambrose. We just went with him this past year and had a great time. We did the beach break. It was an all day thing and we had a great time. He apparently now does a shorter trip that takes you out to Chas Ansenet. Which has wonderful snorkeling. You will definitely feel the thermoclines snorkeling in St Lucia.

Barabdos - Can highly recommend Calabazza and Silvermoon. They both go to the same place. Two stops, one with turtles and another one over an sunken boat/artificial reef.

I guess if I had to choose it would be St Lucia and Antigua. But neither can be walked or driven to.

Sherry

Sherry thank you. We’re off and running.

Sent from my iPad using Forums