Cruising the Mexican Riviera and limited mobility

mkcurran

So my parents have invited themselves along on the cruise I am planning for my anniversary. Dad will be 81 and he has mobility issues. Most of the time he uses a walker. But I think we've got him convinced to use his wheel chair for embarkation and debarkation.

Is there special boarding for mobility issues or should I get them FTTF? Also we'll have separate cabins and reservations, but can we board with the parents to provide extra assistance? Or am I better off getting FTTF for everybody?

We'll be cruising the Mexican Riviera on the splendor. Anything else I need to know? Any tips or tricks anybody would like to share?

I'm going to ask the cruise line, but if you have experience with this chime in, but the biggest help would be a shower chair that could be used in the cabin or the spa showers. Is that a possibility?

So my parents have invited themselves along on the cruise I am planning for my anniversary. Dad will be 81 and he has mobility issues. Most of the time he uses a walker. But I think we've got him convinced to use his wheel chair for embarkation and debarkation.

Is there special boarding for mobility issues or should I get them FTTF? Also we'll have separate cabins and reservations, but can we board with the parents to provide extra assistance? Or am I better off getting FTTF for everybody?

We'll be cruising the Mexican Riviera on the splendor. Anything else I need to know? Any tips or tricks anybody would like to share?

I'm going to ask the cruise line, but if you have experience with this chime in, but the biggest help would be a shower chair that could be used in the cabin or the spa showers. Is that a possibility?

If your plan ois to use the cruiseline's wheelchair assistance for embarkation and disembarkation it's important to note that it's offered on a first come first serviced basis. Yes you can board with your parents but know that it can be a wait. Even with purchasing FTTF pass wheelchair assistance is still on a first come first served basis. Have you considered bringing a wheelchair with you as it may be helpful using through the ship as well as in port ?

You can contact Carnival's Special Needs Dept top request a shower chair. These are offered free of charge and are also on a first come first served basis. Even if you pre-order one , once on board check with your cabin attendant to make certain you get one. The seat is genrally not placed in the shower until later that day.

If your plan ois to use the cruiseline's wheelchair assistance for embarkation and disembarkation it's important to note that it's offered on a first come first serviced basis. Yes you can board with your parents but know that it can be a wait. Even with purchasing FTTF pass wheelchair assistance is still on a first come first served basis. Have you considered bringing a wheelchair with you as it may be helpful using through the ship as well as in port ?

You can contact Carnival's Special Needs Dept top request a shower chair. These are offered free of charge and are also on a first come first served basis. Even if you pre-order one , once on board check with your cabin attendant to make certain you get one. The seat is genrally not placed in the shower until later that day.

We'll be bringing our own chair. Good to know about the shower chair. We plan on booking spa cabins, so worse case scenario Dad hauls the shower chair up a floor to get a nice roomy shower if he needs it.

We'll be bringing our own chair. Good to know about the shower chair. We plan on booking spa cabins, so worse case scenario Dad hauls the shower chair up a floor to get a nice roomy shower if he needs it.

Before he drags a shower chair to the Spa Showers, check to see if one doesn't already have a fold-down shower seat.

Also does anybody have any ideas about what to do in the ports?

Don't know if my parents will get off the boat in Cabo, as it's a tender port.

We are looking at a tequila tour in PV and hope to find a reasonably priced all-inclusive in Mazatlan that has a walker friendly bar area where we can park Dad. If it has a hammock for a nap that would be even better. ;)

Before he drags a shower chair to the Spa Showers, check to see if one doesn't already have a fold-down shower seat.

Actually I found that the ocean view spa rooms are all accessible. Which is why I couldn't book one for myself online. When we make our reservations I'll see if I can be put on a list to get one of them if they aren't needed or all booked up by the sailing date.

Actually I found that the ocean view spa rooms are all accessible. Which is why I couldn't book one for myself online. When we make our reservations I'll see if I can be put on a list to get one of them if they aren't needed or all booked up by the sailing date.

The spa "dressing rooms" all have at least 1 handicapped shower stall, which (I believe) will have a shower chair in it. They're HUGE!