TripInsuranceStore - travel insurance

beshears

I just took out an insurance policy to cover our flight and cruise through TIS. I had never used them before, and hopefully won't have to. I have a b-i-l that has not been doing well, as well as I just heard my brother could be passing away anytime. I'm hoping beyond hope, that neither of these happen, especially during the time that I had booked the flight/cruise. We DO want to make this trip, but if there is a death, it will have to be put off for a few weeks.

My question, if you have used their insurance before, and had to cancel because of something like this, I know I will have to cancel the trip, but will they reimburse me back, or can I just have the policy transferred to a different date that we would take the trip?

I have a policy from Travel Insured (TI) that I got thru Tripinsurancestore. I have made claims from Travel Insured before when I bought it directly and had no problem. Have not made claims thru Tripinsurancestore.

With Tripinsurancestore, they allow you to transfer an unused policy to another trip, but just for one time only. With my TI policy, the BIL is considered a family member whose death is a covered reason for travel cancellation and will be reimbursed for non-refundable trip cost up to the policy’s maximum covered amount. Suggest you refer to your policy plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd suggest you verify what actually covered and what isn't. Did you purchase this prior to a medical diagnosis of imminent death? If there is one noted in the record prior to the purchase, then the way insurance companies go- they could use a pre clause to deny the claim.

NOT says this is what you have purchased, but there are numerous types of policies available. I'm just suggesting everything be verified.

TravelInsuranceStore is a broker.

You could have bought 1 of 50 different policies from them.

There is no way in the world for us to know if you’re covered without knowing the policy.

klfrodo is correct. Without knowing what you purchased there is no way anyone here could answer your questions. I suggest called the insurance company (call the company you have the insurance with, not Travelinsurancestore). Only they can give you accurate information.

The Trip Insurance Store only sells 9 insurance policies, call them they will answer any questions you may have, let them know what is going on , they will be glad to explain and help you file a claim if needed, No I do not work for them , but I have learned after 16 cruises that just going to a web site and picking the policy I think is best is not the best thing , TIS you can speak to the owner who will explain the best plan to get for your trip , he only sells 9 policys because he know these will give less trouble when he has to file a claim, He will also be happy to help you file the claim , Trust me you don't know how much you don't know , or how you didn't read the policy and understand it until you have to file a claim , I see you bought a policy from the TIS call them they will help , it's his job and he does very will , so sorry I hear about your BIL , I will say a prayer fro him

Thank you "everyone" for your postings in regard to my question. I had always used Travel Guard through my TA, when booking the flight/cruise, but thought I would check out TIS, and they were a tad cheaper. When talking to them, I felt comfortable with what they told me. As for the policy that we received, it would take a "lawyer" to read all these pages, so I hope I don't have to make a claim, and that my brother and b-i-l will be alright.

Thank you "everyone" for your postings in regard to my question. I had always used Travel Guard through my TA, when booking the flight/cruise, but thought I would check out TIS, and they were a tad cheaper. When talking to them, I felt comfortable with what they told me. As for the policy that we received, it would take a "lawyer" to read all these pages, so I hope I don't have to make a claim, and that my brother and b-i-l will be alright.

We hope you don't have to cancel either.

The good thing in all this is that you are not on your own. The fine people at TIS are with you. If something should happen, your first call should be to TIS. They will help guide you to making the right decision. I mean should one of the parties in question get worse and make you question whether to cancel or not, give TIS a call.

TIS will also assist you through the claim process if needed.