How does Viking handle gratuities? Assuming there is no pre-pay option?

OnTheJourney

Probably a good thing they add it to your bill. Some of staff appear to be in the dark about what is going on. Bad for passengers and other crew members who have something to offer. I feel like i am being herded around with cattle.

??? Not sure what you mean by this?

So, do the gratuities added to your account include all staff on board? Where do you typically still tip? I am guessing excursion hosts, Viking transfer drivers, who else do you tip separately?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our cabin stewards because they have been over the top on Viking... Also have tipped a few bartenders or servers here and there....

But tipping over the added daily amount is such a personal choice.

No additional amount is expected....aside from excursion guides. Viking provides very low dollar recommendations on that. I believe there is no right or wrong and there are varied opinions....so my opinion is do what feels right for you.

So, do the gratuities added to your account include all staff on board? Where do you typically still tip? I am guessing excursion hosts, Viking transfer drivers, who else do you tip separately?

When you receive your cruise documents, usually a few weeks before cruise, there will be guidelines about onboard gratuities amounts recommended for tour guides and bus drivers. We always leave nice amount for our room stewards as they are the ones who we interact with most and do so much for us. We are not drinkers so do not have to worry about bartenders.

Probably a good thing they add it to your bill. Some of staff appear to be in the dark about what is going on. Bad for passengers and other crew members who have something to offer. I feel like i am being herded around with cattle.

You can always give the special employee additional funds . That’s between you and the employee!