Store near Carnival Port

kapcruiser

The port area itself does not have any stores at all.

There's the Queen Mary Hotel and the Maya Hotel and a restaurant but no stores. The stores are across the causeway in downtown Long Beach .

How are you getting to the pier? You may pass some stores along your route .

You can take the free Long Beach shuttle from in front of the Queen Mary over to Walmart.

The Walmart that used to be on the Passport Route in Long Beach was permanently closed some time ago. There is a Vons Market at Atlantic and Broadway, not too far off the Passport route...a 7-eleven at Pine and Broadway close to the route...and some smaller liquor stores around town, but none really close to the Carnival pier or the Passport route...

When I said "how are you getting to the pier"? I meant where are you coming from?? Are you coming from an airport or home or???? IF you tell people then they can tell you what stores may be along your route. Getting dropped off at the pier and then taking a bus across the causeway into downtown and then back again seems out of the way to me!!

When I said "how are you getting to the pier"? I meant where are you coming from?? Are you coming from an airport or home or???? IF you tell people then they can tell you what stores may be along your route. Getting dropped off at the pier and then taking a bus across the causeway into downtown and then back again seems out of the way to me!!

Riff, see their last post--they are coming from LAX...likely by Uber or shuttle...Note also they said "whichever is cheaper"...So I am guessing they are concerned more with cost than inconvenience.

Otherwise, I agree that dropping one's luggage at the pier, then using a shuttle to get close to a market is extremely inconvenient...and, were it me, I'd skip it altogether and just buy my drinks from the ship.

If they take an Uber or hire a towncar, they will pay extra in "wait time" and a little more to divert from the main route...But, there is a BevMo and a Trader Joe's on about Aviation and Rosecrans, sort of on their way out of LAX and about a block or two from the 405...But that Uber cost may mount as the driver hangs out in the BevMo Parking lot and they decide which wine they want...and they may have gotten away much cheaper and with much less hassle just taking a shared shuttle and buying their wine onboard...or maybe buying a couple of bottles of wine back home, wrapping them well and putting them in their luggage...