New Delta Skyclub at LAX

4774Papa

We just flew through LAX in December on our way to Honolulu. The new Skyclub was not completed at that time, and I highly doubt it will be operational for your travel in March.

There are currently two Delta Lounges, in T2 and T3. Neither are anything special and I'd certainly dread spending 8 hours in either one. The lounges located in TBIT are excellent, but require either status with Oneworld or Star Alliance, a First or Business ticket on a participating airline or paid membership. Might want to check out Priority Pass as an option.

Safe travels to Down Under.

Based on what I read from reviews of the Delta Skyclubs at LAX, T2 and T3, both are overcrowded. From the photos, the lounges are not that different from some of the clubs at Atlanta.

We can buy a single day admittance for half price. Not sure what other options we would have. I have a Master Card for American Airlines, but we won't be flying on American, so we probably can't use the American club.

I wonder if we ask prior to paying for admission about seating availability, can we be assured of comfortable chair?

I considered leaving the airport and going to a nearby hotel for a day rate, but none of the hotels that I inquired of offered a day rate.

Also, we would only be using it for about 6 hours. Hotel is not a great fit for us.