Hotel in Seattle before cruise

Hargie51

Looking for some recommendations for hotels close to cruise terminal with shuttle service to terminal. Arriving the day before cruise. Thanks

My hands-down favorite for a Seattle pre-cruise hotel is Cedarbrook Lodge. You'd never know this was an airport hotel if someone didn't tell you. I stayed here 1 night pre-cruise and loved it. They're incredibly close to Sea-Tac airport and have a free airport shuttle. Just catch the shuttle back to the airport on embarkation day and then use Carnival's shuttle to the port. The hotel grounds are serene and peaceful. Their room price includes an incredible breakfast buffet. The room cost also includes a common living area with fireplace and a common kitchen where you can help yourself to snacks and gourmet chocolates.

http://www.cedarbrooklodge.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9fu6yfPa2AIVFhuBCh28Rw_uEAAYBCAAEgLIffD_BwE

http://www.cedarbrooklodge.com/en-us/photos#69905

Edited by winddawn

Hey Winddawn thanks for the Cedarbrook Lodge info..I have been looking for a great place to stay maybe 2 days before our cruise. ...do they have shuttles into downtown from here? I know they have the airport one. This place looks phenomenal!

If you're just looking for a clean place to stay for a night before a cruise, we've stayed at the Sleep Inn Sea Tac Airport hotel before an Alaskan cruise and we've booked it again for this year for a Transpacific cruise. The price is reasonable, it's exceptionally clean, they pick you up and will take you to the airport the next day, and there's a restaurant right next door. I believe it's an IHOP, but not sure. They got excellent reviews on TripAdvisor and we're so glad we gave them a try. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Hey Winddawn thanks for the Cedarbrook Lodge info..I have been looking for a great place to stay maybe 2 days before our cruise. ...do they have shuttles into downtown from here? I know they have the airport one. This place looks phenomenal!

Hi, elainmir. Sorry, I don't have experience with their downtown shuttles, but their staff is so helpful, I'm sure they would answer your questions. I found it hard to believe this was an airport hotel because of what they offer and the surroundings. The experience feels more like a boutique hotel experience than an airport hotel experience. This place is indeed phenomenal to be a Sea-Tac hotel. Best wishes and hope you enjoy your stay.

We stayed north of the city, near the Space Needle. I know they offered a shuttle, but we had a rental car, so we didn't use it. We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton. It was like a 15 minute walk to get to many of the things we wanted to see. And then by those things (the Space Needle and such), there was a easy, cheap little monorail to get into the downtown area.

We also really love the Cedarbrook Lodge. While they don't offer a shuttle to downtown they will drop you off at the SEA-TAC light rail terminal so you can take the light rail into downtown Seattle. When we return we just go to the SEA-TAC arrival shuttle area and given them a call. The shuttle to the airport will pick you up.

In addition to a very nice buffet breakfast the Cedarbrook Lodge in-house restaurant is also excellent.

Unfortunately, there really aren't any hotels by the pier. Most people stay downtown or by the airport. From downtown, its easy enough to taxi/uber to the pier. From the airport, you can either go back to the airport for a cruise line shuttle, or arrange transportation. Some of the airport hotels will run a shuttle to the pier, but there is a charge. Seattle is not like the Florida ports.

We also really love the Cedarbrook Lodge. While they don't offer a shuttle to downtown they will drop you off at the SEA-TAC light rail terminal so you can take the light rail into downtown Seattle. When we return we just go to the SEA-TAC arrival shuttle area and given them a call. The shuttle to the airport will pick you up.

In addition to a very nice buffet breakfast the Cedarbrook Lodge in-house restaurant is also excellent.

I remember Cedarbrook Lodge also had a good in-house informal happy hour in late afternoon with a nice selection of food. I ordered food to take back to my room and the prices were very reasonable.

We stayed at the W downtown for a few nights before our Legend cruise June 2017. We loved exploring Seattle and could walk almost everywhere. We ubered to the pier. It was about $7 for the for of us. We also Ubered from the airport to the hotel and a few times we were tired of walking downtown (those hills are crazy steep for us Floridians). It seemed Uber was plentiful there and super easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums