Travel from IAH to Galveston

kellerfam

We are flying in to IAH on Sunday at 12:00 to catch a 4:00 cruise in Galveston. We are supposed to check in no later than 3:00. Will this be possible? How is traffic usually on a Sunday afternoon? I am wishing that I got flights on Saturday instead but it is too late for that now. Thanks for any advice, it is our first cruise and I would hate to miss it!

That would be tight to accommodate allowance for delays. If flight is fine, suggest you arrange now for a private transport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, we are renting a mini van as there are 6 of us and parking at the port.

Are you checking bags? Are you talking this Sunday?

Even if your plane lands on time, you still have to deplane, get to baggage, get to rental car place, and then drive over an hour.

Personally I don't think it's enough time. Your best bet is to pack light and wear good shoes.

Good luck.

I would scrap the rental car idea and bite the bullet on the express shuttle. You need everything to be on time and efficient to make this work. With the rental car you need to worry about parking and shuttling to the terminal. I would just take that piece out of the equation.

Carnival says the latest you can get to IAH for their shuttle is 1pm. Scrape the rental and book their shuttle because then the ship will wait.

https://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/Airport_and_Pier_Transfers/galveston.aspx?PrId=519&ChId=528

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

Being a Houstonian, I agree with Griff61 in that the ship would wait for a shuttle it contracts with. It is a nightmare driving from IAH to Galveston.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app