FREE- 3 Category Suite Upgrade on Alaska Cruises

mrstanley

Regent is offering a Free --3 Category Suite Upgrade on 6 of the Alaska cruises. From a Deluxe Veranda Suite to a Concierge Suite. How does this impact those passengers who booked in CAT H,G and F before this

promotion? Do the new bookings receive all the amenities in a Concierge Suite? This would include the FREE- 1 Night Pre-Cruise Luxury Hotel Package. Any perks or upgrades from Regent for passengers who booked before the Promo? Has anyone been contacted by their TA ?

Looks like Alaska is not selling well again. Props to Regent for not offering "free laundry" - this is a much better incentive (IMHO) This is what the Regent website (U.S.) says:

*UPGRADE YOUR SUMMER: Applies to new bookings made between 1/8/18 and 3/1/18. FREE 3-Category Suite Upgrade is subject to availability on select 10- and 11-night 2018 Seven Seas Mariner® voyages. Upgrade details are as follows: book a Deluxe Veranda Suite (Category H) and receive a Concierge Suite (Category E), or book a Deluxe Veranda Suite (Category G) and receive a Concierge Suite (Category D). Upgrades to Concierge Suite will receive a FREE 1-Night Pre-Cruise Hotel Package. Offer is combinable with standard published promotional offers, however, not combinable with Canadian Dollars at Par. Mention Promo Code: UPGRADE ALASKA at time of booking.

Wife and I already booked on one of the Alaska voyages in Concierge Suite, Cat D. When I saw the promo I questioned how impacts my reservation. Originally told that was for new reservations only. My TA, who books lots of Regent and other luxury lines, pushed the issue. Thankfully RSSC did the right thing and gave us nice amount of OBC. Was about to be a contentious issue. All good ultimately. Thanks Regent for making the correct decision.

The credits, instead of a 3 category upgrade on the Mariner might be the better deal for people who have booked suites in lower categories. Concierge suites on the Mariner are no physically different from the lower suites. You have to get up to a Penthouse Suite to get a larger suite

Wife and I already booked on one of the Alaska voyages in Concierge Suite, Cat D. When I saw the promo I questioned how impacts my reservation. Originally told that was for new reservations only. My TA, who books lots of Regent and other luxury lines, pushed the issue. Thankfully RSSC did the right thing and gave us nice amount of OBC. Was about to be a contentious issue. All good ultimately. Thanks Regent for making the correct decision.

See? This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about - the other thread about what can Regent corporate do to improve their service? This stuff.

Ideally you'd like for Regent to do right by people with existing reservations without us having to ask. But especially in the case that we ask they should step up without the initial pushback. We've had this in the past where they dropped fares - pretty substantially, too, I might add - and when our TA inquired, they told him it was only for new reservations. He pushed back and Regent honored the new fares. But it left a bad taste. If they'd have just honored the new fares up front we'd have been a lot happier.

I think Regent marketing needs to coordinate these promotions better. Honestly, even if they dropped a fare $1,000 for a new booking and offered existing passengers OBC or FCCs to match it would go a long way to improving customer satisfaction, I think. Something to let us know they appreciate us booking early.

How will you use that credit? I'm new to Regent

Laundry seems to be a big one for us. Also, premium wine tastings and upcharged excursions. Spa treatments, maybe some knickknacks in the shops...while you don't have to spend any additional money on a Regent cruise, you sure can find ways to spend a bit more if you're so inclined...and since OBCs usually can't be redeemed for cash* you want to make use of them while onboard.

* I've heard there are certain OBCs that can be redeemed but most of mine have been "use 'em or lose 'em" types...

Bosoxl: This is what we have used Ship Board

Credit for. The amount has varied over the years...each cruise has been different.

1. Excursions that were not FREE

2. Massages

3. Manicures

4. Dry cleaning and laundry

5. Hair styling

We mainly take Regent Choice excursions (with a cost) as they are dramatically better (most of the time) than included excursions.

Manicures, massages and hair styling is done by contractors and therefore a charge would be expected (to my knowledge, there is no cruise line in the world that includes these items other than the residents of the "Regent Suite" on Explorer.)

Bill, almost all of our OBC's have been non-refundable. It gives me the opportunity to purchase $200 wallets (something that I do not normally do as I am not into "things"). My DH uses OBC's for massages which he loves (I don't). I kind of think of OBC's as Monopoly money and enjoy the things that I purchase with them.

What I think is totally wrong is making exceptions to policies. There is always someone that will share their "exception" with others (such as on CC) and suddenly everyone expects to have the same "exception". IMO, it is a shame that "exceptions" are not kept private. It would not surprise me if Regent decided to not make exceptions for anyone as doing it for one means doing it for everyone. Too bad! After all, if someone buys a plane ticket or automobile at full price and someone else gets a discount, they don't offer the same discount to everyone that has already purchased the plane ticket or automobile. IMO, unless you make an onboard booking that protects you against price changes (as long as the category you booked isn't full), no one should be able to take advantage of Regent's specials.

See? This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about - the other thread about what can Regent corporate do to improve their service? This stuff.

Ideally you'd like for Regent to do right by people with existing reservations without us having to ask. But especially in the case that we ask they should step up without the initial pushback. We've had this in the past where they dropped fares - pretty substantially, too, I might add - and when our TA inquired, they told him it was only for new reservations. He pushed back and Regent honored the new fares. But it left a bad taste. If they'd have just honored the new fares up front we'd have been a lot happier.

I think Regent marketing needs to coordinate these promotions better. Honestly, even if they dropped a fare $1,000 for a new booking and offered existing passengers OBC or FCCs to match it would go a long way to improving customer satisfaction, I think. Something to let us know they appreciate us booking early.

Bill, I totally agree.

To be fair, before Regent introduced their on-board booking price guarantee, we always found that Regent UK always 'did the right thing' if there was price drop after we had booked ............ but we had to ask.

This was usually with a combination of suite upgrade and/or OBC.

What I think is totally wrong is making exceptions to policies. There is always someone that will share their "exception" with others (such as on CC) and suddenly everyone expects to have the same "exception". IMO, it is a shame that "exceptions" are not kept private. It would not surprise me if Regent decided to not make exceptions for anyone as doing it for one means doing it for everyone. Too bad! After all, if someone buys a plane ticket or automobile at full price and someone else gets a discount, they don't offer the same discount to everyone that has already purchased the plane ticket or automobile. IMO, unless you make an onboard booking that protects you against price changes (as long as the category you booked isn't full), no one should be able to take advantage of Regent's specials.

:confused: Sorry, but I am not understanding what part of this thread has given rise to this rant.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to elucidate. Thanks.

In the long past, Regent (fka Radisson) would give previously booked guests the benefit of any perks offered to later booked guests. Apparently that policy is no longer in force. I am not going to "rant" about it. It just is what it is.

I remember that very well and wish that it were still the case. But as you said, "it just is what it is". IMO, what another poster called a rant was simply bringing to the attention of posters that if Regent passengers should receive a special benefit or privilege, they should understand that if Regent wanted everyone to have it, they would offer it. So, sharing that information will make Regent think twice before offering it again. It is sort of like children saying that "so and so got to do this so I should be able to do the same thing".

Wondering how many people posting or reading this thread will go back to their TA or Regent and said that someone on CC got OBC's because the price when down - even though they were not entitled to it. Food for thought.

My TA was on the ball and when she saw the suite upgrade to concierge, which we already had, she got us a reduction in cabin cost pp. This is better than obc for us, as we book the excursions in advance, and I am not a spa kind of gal. We are already getting a generous shipboard credit, so do not need any more manicures for sure.

Personally, I see no problem in sharing information on Regent offers, deals, perks & benefits through these forums so that fellow cruisers can press their TA to seek parity.

Cruising is a competitive market and NCLH/Regent management will be well aware that social media is now an important communication tool that customers use to ensure they are obtaining best value.

If Regent don't want others to share in 'exceptions' then they shouldn't make exceptions in the first place.