First trip to NYC.....24 hours , which would you choose?

kcdancerkc

Pretty easy:

Empire State Building

Pros: Iconic, Great views

Cons: Can be long lines, can't actually see the ESB

Top of the Rock:

Pros: Great views, great view of the ESB, typically shorter lines

Cons: Not as Iconic

BTW, you probably can do both, just pre-book. Do one (probably ESB) early in the day and the other at or near dusk. Top of the Rock would be a quicker visit that way. Not saying I would do both, you should be able to.

I think sunset would be best time. Have so much ground to cover so definitely not both.

He is more into classic and I like the reviews on trip advisor on Rockefeller

Keep on voting pros and cons!

What are the rest of your plans for the day? Are you staying in Manhattan? Curious what ground you have to cover, as if you're overlapping either location, it's not that big of a detour to do both, with pre-purchased tickets.

What are the rest of your plans for the day? Are you staying in Manhattan? Curious what ground you have to cover, as if you're overlapping either location, it's not that big of a detour to do both, with pre-purchased tickets.

Ditto to these questions. It looks like you're on the Escape on Sunday 4/29/18. Your sightseeing objectives/plans, your hotel location, and arrival time will affect how much time you will actually have for either of these activities.

Yes the Escape :cool:

I want central park, bagels , pizza. :')

Where are you staying? When do you get in town?

Do you have a Top 5 or Top 10 that you want to see? Do you already have a pizza place and a bagel place on your list, or are you just looking for bagels in the morning and pizza later in the day with no real plan?

Seriously, you can do both skyscrapers, see all of Central Park you want to, and stop for bagels and pizza, and still have hours of the day left over!

Edited by markeb

I would do Top of the Rock. Pretty amazing views, and cheaper than ESB. Last year the wife and I acted like tourists for a day. We hit a ton of things between 10am and 4p. Was able to do Bryant Park, Top of the Rock, Central Park, Chelsea Market for lunch, the High Line and the WTC Memorial.

If you want some really good pizza, hit off Pizza Suprema on 31st and 8th.

Have fun and feel free to ask any questions.

Born/raised/work in NYC.

Edited by geegee1
Added Pizza Suprema

My choice would be Rockefeller. Especially if you are going to be there during the holiday season. A couple of blocks north is Central Park and a few blocks west is ST. Patrick’s Cathedral. Research the area, there’s lots to do.