Walkable Galveston Restaurant Post Cruise??

scsagh

Our flight home from IAH after our Carnival Freedom cruise departs at 3:45 p.m. I wondered if there are any good restaurants within walking distance from the port (we'll be pulling our luggage) to have an early lunch at before heading to the airport? Didn't know if it was worth trying to spend those few hours wandering near the port, or if we should just head to the airport? Does anyone know if there is anywhere to leave luggage for a few hours?

Thanks for the suggestions so far! Much appreciated.

Has anyone been to Shrimp 'N Stuff Downtown (on 23rd St)? Wondered how that was? Darn, it looks like they may only have their breakfast menu until noon on Saturdays.

Olympia grill is wonderful and down the road from the pier. I also recommend Nono Tony's . It's a pizza place next to Olympia grill. Great pizza and salad. There are quite a few restaurants in the pier area. IMO, these are the best. I've lived in the Galveston area for over 25 years and this is where we eat.

Thanks for the suggestions so far! Much appreciated.

Has anyone been to Shrimp 'N Stuff Downtown (on 23rd St)? Wondered how that was? Darn, it looks like they may only have their breakfast menu until noon on Saturdays.

Shrimp 'N Stuff is awesome. They typically have daily specials and I'm sure you can get lunch by 11 o'clock at least.