Penthouse junior suite wine

Msgolferfhcc

Wine in mini bar - yes. When we arrived there was a bottle of sparkling wine in the mini bar which we asked to be swapped for white wine. That didn't happen till the next morning - but each day after that a bottle of white wine magically appeared in the mini bar (as long as the one from the previous day had been opened - ie if there is a full one in the mini bar they won't leave a second one). As far as I am aware the wine delivery is separate to the make up of your suite (ie the room stewards don't do the wine replacements). Bringing a glass of wine back after lunch / dinner - no problems. I don't think they will hand over whole bottles for the same purpose. Not sure of your PJS location (we were in 8019) but it is easy to access the Explorers Lounge where you can sit and relax, or take a glass back to the suite. Enjoy.

Edited by helenandfrank
  • Like 1

We have stayed in Penthouse Junior Suites for our cruises on the Viking Star and Viking Sea. We leave a note for the wine steward, who is the one that is responsible for stocking the cabin refrigerator/mini bar, on our first day of a cruise. We politely request that they remove all beer and substitute a bottle of white wine for them. Our requests have always been granted without any problems. We also respectfully request no Cokes or diet drinks and get more Sprites and club sodas for mixed drinks to replace the beer and soft drinks that we don't need. On our last cruise, we made sure to store any unused nips that we liked somewhere other than in the refrigerator. The wine steward would faithfully replace the missing ones each day. We ended up bringing home at least 20 nips of vodka, rum and gin for future use from our 15 day cruise.

Does anyone know if Viking will supply a bottle of wine in the penthouse jr suite? I don't drink hard liquor or beer although my hubby is happy. Or would they let me bring back a bottle from dinner?

They will supply a bottle of champagne and 3 or 4 mini bottles that will be replaced daily except for the champagne only once . You can’t take out a bottle out of any restaurant on the ship . If you want your brand of wine, you’ll have to bring it aboard and you can use it in your cabin or take it to dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Liquor guys must have been on vacation for my cruise. No replacement of any bar beverages. I left a note and apparently it was never read. If I seriously cared I would have asked the room stewards who would have gladly taken care of it. I just had fun with my experiment.

We have stayed in Penthouse Junior Suites for our cruises on the Viking Star and Viking Sea. We leave a note for the wine steward, who is the one that is responsible for stocking the cabin refrigerator/mini bar, on our first day of a cruise. We politely request that they remove all beer and substitute a bottle of white wine for them. Our requests have always been granted without any problems. We also respectfully request no Cokes or diet drinks and get more Sprites and club sodas for mixed drinks to replace the beer and soft drinks that we don't need. On our last cruise, we made sure to store any unused nips that we liked somewhere other than in the refrigerator. The wine steward would faithfully replace the missing ones each day. We ended up bringing home at least 20 nips of vodka, rum and gin for future use from our 15 day cruise.

Hiding 'nips' elsewhere in your cabin and then taking them home with you is wrong. It's like someone taking food from the breakfast buffet to eat when they are off the ship at lunchtime.

friendlyfifer, I appreciate your point of view and respect it.

If we had chosen to drink the daily supply of nips in our cabin, we would have consumed 56 or more during our 15 day cruise. Nobody would have a problem unless we became "drunk and disorderly" on the ship. Viking provides them for the use of the cruisers who have paid for the extra perks in the cost of their cruise. That we chose to save some and take a fraction of the total number that was provided for later consumption, I don't see any problem.

If we had taken towels, the large umbrella, hair dryer or binoculars provided in our cabin, that would be not only be inappropriate but outright stealing. I realize that this may sound like a rationalization, but that is my perspective.

friendlyfifer, I appreciate your point of view and respect it.

If we had chosen to drink the daily supply of nips in our cabin, we would have consumed 56 or more during our 15 day cruise. Nobody would have a problem unless we became "drunk and disorderly" on the ship. Viking provides them for the use of the cruisers who have paid for the extra perks in the cost of their cruise. That we chose to save some and take a fraction of the total number that was provided for later consumption, I don't see any problem.

If we had taken towels, the large umbrella, hair dryer or binoculars provided in our cabin, that would be not only be inappropriate but outright stealing. I realize that this may sound like a rationalization, but that is my perspective.

Lol you're excused. I'll have a gin and tonic - make it a double.

On our recent Viking Sky cruise, we were in a Penthouse Veranda stateroom. On arrival, we found a half bottle of champagne in the minibar, which was refilled daily with sodas and spirits. We asked if we could receive wine by the bottle. They never refused, but never answered the question.

I will be on my first Viking Ocean cruise later this year, in a penthouse junior suite. Can I clarify, is it possible to ask for daily replenishment of beer and bottles of wine in the suite (included in cost) ? Is it possible to specify the type of wine, eg pinot gris or sauvignon blanc? I have purchased a wine package as well, now I am wondering if that was necessary! We do enjoy a cocktail and good quality wines and that was my motivation in the upgraded wine package.

I will be on my first Viking Ocean cruise later this year, in a penthouse junior suite. Can I clarify, is it possible to ask for daily replenishment of beer and bottles of wine in the suite (included in cost) ? Is it possible to specify the type of wine, eg pinot gris or sauvignon blanc? I have purchased a wine package as well, now I am wondering if that was necessary! We do enjoy a cocktail and good quality wines and that was my motivation in the upgraded wine package.

We are on the WC and have the Silver (I hate the word Package) and there has been no issue with anything to do with wine or cocktails! I think there is a $ limit per drink but that’s it

Daily replenishment of wine and beer - yes. Can you specify Pinot Gris, Sav Blanc etc - yes (but only one bottle per day into the mini bar). Have you doubled up by buying the silver package ? No, not in my opinion. Don't think so much about cost but convenience. Sometimes you will feel like sitting in the quiet of your suite and sometimes you will want to join in with a group in the bar / lounge etc. Rather than carrying a glass of wine / beer from the bar to your suite or from your suite to the bar / lounge .. what you want is already where you are. The silver package wines change occasionally - on one occasion the barman called my wife over and said - we have two new wines today. He poured her a small glass of each, she tasted and indicated which one she preferred, and he remembered next time we walked in. She also knew which one to ask for went we went to dinner that evening. BTW - you will love the suite. Enjoy.

Daily replenishment of wine and beer - yes. Can you specify Pinot Gris, Sav Blanc etc - yes (but only one bottle per day into the mini bar). Have you doubled up by buying the silver package ? No, not in my opinion. Don't think so much about cost but convenience. Sometimes you will feel like sitting in the quiet of your suite and sometimes you will want to join in with a group in the bar / lounge etc. Rather than carrying a glass of wine / beer from the bar to your suite or from your suite to the bar / lounge .. what you want is already where you are. The silver package wines change occasionally - on one occasion the barman called my wife over and said - we have two new wines today. He poured her a small glass of each, she tasted and indicated which one she preferred, and he remembered next time we walked in. She also knew which one to ask for went we went to dinner that evening. BTW - you will love the suite. Enjoy.

Thanks so much for your response. Exactly what I hoped the situation to be. I am not an alcoholic (really, I am not!!!!) but I do like to have choices and your description above opens up a lot of possibilities.

We are on the WC and have the Silver (I hate the word Package) and there has been no issue with anything to do with wine or cocktails! I think there is a $ limit per drink but that’s it

I am very excited to finally try Viking Ocean late this year and it sounds like the silver "package" will be a worthwhile inclusion to the experience. Thanks for responding.