Air and hotel questions for Galveston

happy traveler69

We booked a B2B on the Vista for next November (2019). We never left from Galveston before. We have a few questions.

***Are there any park and cruise hotels? (I might drive).

***When flying in, we have to fly into Houston, right? Then get to Galveston from there. What’s the best way to do it?

***If we get air from carnival, can we still elect to get there a day before? Will they provide transfers to Galveston the day before?

When is the best time to start rooming for air rates?

Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hotels in Galveston cater to the cruise industry. Many of the hotels have cruise packages. Some will allow you to park for free during your cruise. Call the hotel directly (not the corporate 800 number).

From most anywhere in Galveston, a taxi to the pier is about $17 for up to 4 people. Some hotels have shuttles (some free, some not free). I don't particularly like hotel shuttles because they don't always go direct (ie: stop at more than one hotel). If you have a car, there are a number of private cruise parking lots. They are all secure and have free shuttles. Very convenient. The Port of Galveston also has parking available (with shuttles).

If you fly into Houston, try to land at Hobby Airport instead of Intercontinental Airport. Hobby is on the south side of Houston and closer to Galveston.

oh.. one more thing... book your hotel in Galveston early. Prices widely fluctuate, because Galveston has a lot of "local" events which can make the prices jump high from one weekend to the next.

An alternative is to stay in the Webster, Texas (League City) area... right off I-45 and about 45 minutes from Galveston. Hotels are much cheaper, lots of nearby restaurants... NASA is close by if you want to tour that.

We booked a B2B on the Vista for next November (2019). We never left from Galveston before. We have a few questions.

***Are there any park and cruise hotels? (I might drive).

***When flying in, we have to fly into Houston, right? Then get to Galveston from there. What’s the best way to do it?

***If we get air from carnival, can we still elect to get there a day before? Will they provide transfers to Galveston the day before?

When is the best time to start rooming for air rates?

Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are flying into Houston for a cruise next month, this will be our first time out of Galveston. I have booked 2 different transfers, one from the airport to our hotel and another to get us back to the airport. The companies and Galveston Express and Galveston Limo. Each charge $50.00 per person each way. They can be found on the internet.

You'll have to call Carnival. Usually they fly you in the morning of your cruise. Carnival's shuttle service only goes from the airport to the pier. It does not stop at hotels. We flew in and out of Intercontinental airport (IAH) because it had better flight schedules, it isn't that much farther from the port and the shuttle fare was only $5 more per person each way. If you shop for airfares you might be able to do better than what Carnival charges.

• 3 weeks later...
We are flying into Houston for a cruise next month, this will be our first time out of Galveston. I have booked 2 different transfers, one from the airport to our hotel and another to get us back to the airport. The companies and Galveston Express and Galveston Limo. Each charge $50.00 per person each way. They can be found on the internet.

Expensive. Try Cruise Connection at $22pp from Hobby airport. Maybe this poster was flying into Bush.