Parking in New Orleans

DanMan86

The two most talked about options on this board, are parking at the port, which cost $20.00 per day, or the Fulton Garage, which costs $10 (rooftop) or $12 (covered) per day. The Port parking option is more convenient, as you are at the terminal whereas the Fulton Garage is obviously cheaper, and has a free shuttle to and from the port (approximately 5 min ride, depending on traffic).

If you decide to go the cheaper route, make sure to pay for your parking online in advance, as day of cruise rates paying at the facility are sometimes higher.

I’ve used Fulton five times and would recommend them.

http://Www.neworleansparking.com

Another one that has good reviews is Machu Picchu. I’m actually going to try them next time because they’re smaller and I just got a new camaro so I figure less opportunity for someone to bang it up while I’m gone. They cost a little more than Fulton but still less than the port.

http://www.machupicchutours.com/cruise-ship-parking

Just curious and not being critical. I assume you would tip the Fulton staff for helping w bags plus a tip to the Fulton shuttle driver. Plus the deserved tip to the staff that get your bag to the ship, which we gladly do. Upon return you would tip the Fulton employees again. How much do you think you save by using Fulton over the Erato or Julia St parking? Factoring in the extra tips w Fulton. We’ve been to port NOLA several times and used the Erato and Julia St lots. We will be on a 5 day cruise on the Pearl in Feb so I’m thinking it’s just easier, safer and quicker to use the Julia St lot.

• Like 1

Just curious and not being critical. I assume you would tip the Fulton staff for helping w bags plus a tip to the Fulton shuttle driver. Plus the deserved tip to the staff that get your bag to the ship, which we gladly do. Upon return you would tip the Fulton employees again. How much do you think you save by using Fulton over the Erato or Julia St parking? Factoring in the extra tips w Fulton. We’ve been to port NOLA several times and used the Erato and Julia St lots. We will be on a 5 day cruise on the Pearl in Feb so I’m thinking it’s just easier, safer and quicker to use the Julia St lot.

I've only tipped and seen people tipping the driver and the porter. The driver is involved in all of the loading/unloading. Let's say $10 for that. On my next cruise if I booked Fulton Rooftop it's $72.20...add in the $10 tips and lets say 82.20. If I booked Fulton covered it would be $92.36. So $102.36. I've never seen an actual quote for Port parking. I've heard people say $20/day. I don't know if that includes taxes and fees. My experience with other garages is the quote never includes taxes/fees. But let's say it does. That's $140 for port parking. Do you not use a porter if you park at the port? If so that puts it at $145. So $43-63 would be the savings assuming the port parking already includes taxes fees which it may not.

As for security I know nothing about the port parking security. I know fulton is staffed 24/7 and has 64 security cameras.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I’ve used Fulton five times and would recommend them.

Www.neworleansparking.com

Another one that has good reviews is Machu Picchu. I’m actually going to try them next time because they’re smaller and I just got a new camaro so I figure less opportunity for someone to bang it up while I’m gone. They cost a little more than Fulton but still less than the port.

http://www.machupicchutours.com/cruise-ship-parking

I've used Fulton in the past with no issues, but might try Machupicchu for my next cruise.

But I have a quick question. After getting off the ship, wondering do I have to leave the lot right away? Want to visit the WWII museum and willing to walk there and back without trying to find another spot to park. Can, but wonder how late you can keep your car on either lot

I've used Fulton in the past with no issues, but might try Machupicchu for my next cruise.

But I have a quick question. After getting off the ship, wondering do I have to leave the lot right away? Want to visit the WWII museum and willing to walk there and back without trying to find another spot to park. Can, but wonder how late you can keep your car on either lot

I don't know about Machu Picchu since I haven't parked there yet. That's 1.5miles from the WWII museum though. I'd email Angel at bestofno@bellsouth.net. Maybe they can help you out. Fulton I know they try to get you out ASAP. They tell you to leave your bags down by the shuttle and have one person go up and retrieve the car. I have ignored them before when I wanted to grab something to eat before leaving. Depending on what time you pick on your check-in/check-out you may still have time. I usually do 11am-11am. You really need some time at the WWII museum though. I did it in 3 hours and felt it was too rushed. I want to go back some time and spend a good 5 hours there.

Consider the WWII parking garage as well. $10 for up to 7 hours is a pretty good deal in New Orleans.

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/visit/plan-your-visit/parking

I don't know about Machu Picchu since I haven't parked there yet. That's 1.5miles from the WWII museum though. I'd email Angel at bestofno@bellsouth.net. Maybe they can help you out. Fulton I know they try to get you out ASAP. They tell you to leave your bags down by the shuttle and have one person go up and retrieve the car. I have ignored them before when I wanted to grab something to eat before leaving. Depending on what time you pick on your check-in/check-out you may still have time. I usually do 11am-11am. You really need some time at the WWII museum though. I did it in 3 hours and felt it was too rushed. I want to go back some time and spend a good 5 hours there.

Consider the WWII parking garage as well. $10 for up to 7 hours is a pretty good deal in New Orleans.

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/visit/plan-your-visit/parking

Thanks, want to do it post cruise, spending the night in the New Orleans area. Visited in the past, but at the time the Pacific theater portion wasn't open yet and one of my top things to do after the cruise.

• 10 months later...

Just an update for January 2019:

Fulton Garage is now $15 rooftop/16.50 covered plus tax per day, making a 7 day $122/$134.

Port parking still $20 so $140.

Machu Picchu parking is $14 covered (plus tax I assume and that may be the cash price). See tripadvisor for reviews, says the lot holds 40 cars or so, some people said they park the car in the lot.

I believe I used Fulton last time.

We used Fulton Garage last time.....like someone said above.....pre-pay on the internet, cheaper and a little quicker.  That being said....it was crazy the day of.....huge line of cars just waiting in the street.  The shuttle is even crazier....bags thrown in the back of the bus, stacked every which way.  My husband helped to unload b/c only our lady bus driver was struggling.  

We're going with Machu Piccu in March.  $120 cash (7nights), they take you to the boat as soon as you get there.....lady told me on the phone the most they will take at a time is 6 (unless your in a group)......so no crowding and bags shouldn't get damaged.  They give you a cell number and when you get through customs they come pick you up.  I'll post again after the cruise!

1 hour ago, sewcountry said:

We used Fulton Garage last time.....like someone said above.....pre-pay on the internet, cheaper and a little quicker.  That being said....it was crazy the day of.....huge line of cars just waiting in the street.  The shuttle is even crazier....bags thrown in the back of the bus, stacked every which way.  My husband helped to unload b/c only our lady bus driver was struggling.  

We're going with Machu Piccu in March.  $120 cash (7nights), they take you to the boat as soon as you get there.....lady told me on the phone the most they will take at a time is 6 (unless your in a group)......so no crowding and bags shouldn't get damaged.  They give you a cell number and when you get through customs they come pick you up.  I'll post again after the cruise!

So Machu Picchu has increased in price. In August they quoted me $110 cash, $115 credit.