Seattle CCL port to SEA ? (yes another)

dorchrislen

Tuesday, 8/7 Carnival Legend, pier 91, to United flight 11:40 at SEA-TAC. 2 ppl, no mobility issues.

Can someone recommend the fastest way to get there to not miss the flight? We are platinum and will do self-assist debark, but I don't think CCL offers a luggage transfer program. I am looking at the CCL transfer, uber, and Shuttle Express, but wonder which may be the fastest option.

I know this has been asked several times, but not for the same exact situation and so I'm looking for advice for Pier 91, Carnival, Tuesday commute.

TIA!

It really isn't different from the many other times it has been asked. As commonly discussed, 11am is the earliest flight from both Pier 91 and 66. The vehicles can only drive so fast, so the only time saving issue is addressed by either arranging a towncar or similar that will be waiting when you walk out, or just walking out and grabbing a waiting cab.

Your flight might be too early for Carnival transfer or luggage service. Just take your bags with you onto the cab or towncar.

I would think Uber would be quickest (or prearranged towncar), and make sure they take SR 509 to airport (not I-5). There will be some congestion downtown, since it’s a Tuesday, but once you get south of downtown, it’s a straight shot to airport and you will be going opposite traffic. Hopefully security won’t be to bad, and TSA pre check helps.

I think you should be fine based on our experience. Be sure to get to the line to disembark a little early.

We called the Uber driver waiting for us, and she picked us up.

BTW there were lots of Priuses with drivers (probably Uber) in the airport waiting lot so Uber seems pretty big there.

The key is that you're traveling on a Tuesday that's not affiliated with any sort of holiday weekend. As such, any transport is probably as good as the next one. Your biggest opportunity for time savings would probably be Pre-Check. Seatac airport can be a disaster at certain times, so I'd encourage the relatively small price for the wonderful convenience. I was able to book an appointment about 5 days out to meet my schedule, and had my KTN five days later. I'd been sitting on the fence about getting it until I tried to fly out of Seatac on the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend. I had 2500 steps by the time I got through security, and stood in line for ~50 minutes.

So, we flew out on a Tuesday back in 2016, in July. While we had no trouble getting to the airport, it was AT the airport that there were problems. The airline check-in lines as well as the security lines were extra long, so thing were backed up like 45-60 minutes. They had people out there telling passengers of all the delays. We got lucky, my husband had priority status, and they let us all check in with him. Then our flight ended up being delayed like 2 hours, so we had plenty of time. But our flight was something like 12:30ish I think.

We pre-arranged with Seatlle Express. Their first shuttle leaves the port @ 7:30am. Made our 11:35am flight with time to spare.

Thanks! I will definitely give them a call. I didn’t realize we could get off the boat that early. We are platinum so if we take our own luggage off I guess we can make that.