Spirit April

hi, does anyone know when we go to Mahon , can I buy loads of duty free cigs ( about 3000) in town and take them back on board with me, without a problem , a good few years ago,when we stopped into Barcelona,I bought about the same, got back to port, put my bags thru the scanners before we went onto ship, no probs, then there were 2 girls, looked like police,or port authorities( not sure) , but they started to pull all of my cigs out my bags , but I was putting them back in saying it was my own duty free allowance, they called someone and after a little stand off, they just threw me the bags and said go, don’t want to go thru all that again, felt like a bloody criminal , any help anyone :D

hi, does anyone know when we go to Mahon , can I buy loads of duty free cigs ( about 3000) in town and take them back on board with me, without a problem , a good few years ago,when we stopped into Barcelona,I bought about the same, got back to port, put my bags thru the scanners before we went onto ship, no probs, then there were 2 girls, looked like police,or port authorities( not sure) , but they started to pull all of my cigs out my bags , but I was putting them back in saying it was my own duty free allowance, they called someone and after a little stand off, they just threw me the bags and said go, don’t want to go thru all that again, felt like a bloody criminal , any help anyone :D

Presume you actually mean "EU duty paid" , no problem with them, in Barcelona they were probably checking that the were not duty free that you had somehow got hold of

I'm pretty sure that the guidelines are 800 cigs allowed without question. Over that you have to "prove" they're for your own personal use. So if you had a variety of brands for example, they could reasonably assume you were buying them to sell back in the uk.

I'm pretty sure that the guidelines are 800 cigs allowed without question. Over that you have to "prove" they're for your own personal use. So if you had a variety of brands for example, they could reasonably assume you were buying them to sell back in the uk.

Correct, 800 per person no hassle, to boost things up put 800 in every bag including hand luggage, if cases get a random scan before baggage reclaim they look good and if you dont get a pull for your cases you are hardly likely to get stopped and your hand luggage checked.

even if you dont smoke its best to have a part used packet and lighter in your pocket, two people could bring two brands,just have the corresponding part used packets