New CWC pins

MarkBearSF

We just received new CWC pins onboard the QM2 today.

They're quite nice and simpler than the old design. A wavy flag shape with the Cunard seal in gold and cloisonné enamel in the appropriate color (ours was grey for platinum level).

...and a cute little black velvet pouch embroidered with the seal and name in gold and red.

-

I was so very disappointed when I received my diamond pin and it was the new style. I worked hard for many years to become diamond with Cunard.

I posted on CC the fact that I was disappointed when I received the new style pin. Many people stated that they really did not care about these pins.....just shoved them in a drawer, never to be seen again. However, there was no one who offered to sell or give me their old style diamond pin.

Asking now.......Anyone want to get rid of their old style diamond pin. Email me at queenviccruiser@gmail.com

-

-

I was so very disappointed when I received my diamond pin and it was the new style. I worked hard for many years to become diamond with Cunard.

I posted on CC the fact that I was disappointed when I received the new style pin. Many people stated that they really did not care about these pins.....just shoved them in a drawer, never to be seen again. However, there was no one who offered to sell or give me their old style diamond pin.

Asking now.......Anyone want to get rid of their old style diamond pin. Email me at queenviccruiser@gmail.com

-

Have you tried eBay ? I have seen them there.

So do people actually wear these things? They take me back to the world of work where the HR department come out with "loyalty" awards like a scroll for five years "loyal service". A photo with your head of department shaking your hand. And company ties. I am afraid I am far too cynical for all that.

So do people actually wear these things? They take me back to the world of work where the HR department come out with "loyalty" awards like a scroll for five years "loyal service". A photo with your head of department shaking your hand. And company ties. I am afraid I am far too cynical for all that.

You took the words right out of my mouth. We leave that junk in the cabin drawer. Seems a total waste of money for something most of us would never wear.

-

-

see

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cunard-Vintage-Loyalty-Pin-Gold-Diamond/113221573843?hash=item1a5c881cd3:g:rIcAAOSw-ctbgwBY

or (UK)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cunard-Vintage-Loyalty-Pin-Gold-Diamond/113221573843?hash=item1a5c881cd3:g:rIcAAOSw-ctbgwBY

asking $261 or £200

Edited by Pennbank

We had one of these once. Straight in the bin - I have no desire to sport China's finest tat.

Do people wear these things ? ... Well not only that, many folk will wear a lanyard around their neck, displaying their key card status or their name 'they may have forgotten' :eek: ...However, getting back to your original question, yes I'm one of those guests who will wear my Diamond Pin ,an original one I may add .. some 9 years ago, and it's very smart too !!

As a Cunard guest I don't feel that I should have to hide my loyalty as a seasoned Cunarder , I'm also aware that many of the ships crew members, eg; 'Bar staff' & Table waiters, often appreciate knowing who is who , but not only that, many first time Cunard guests ( when at a shared table) have shown an interest too.

Edited by Bell Boy

Do people wear these things ? ... Well not only that, many folk will wear a lanyard around their neck, displaying their key card status or their name 'they may have forgotten' :eek: ...However, getting back to your original question, yes I'm one of those guests who will wear my Diamond Pin ,an original one I may add .. some 9 years ago, and it's very smart too !!

As a Cunard guest I don't feel that I should have to hide my loyalty as a seasoned Cunarder , I'm also aware that many of the ships crew members, eg; 'Bar staff' & Table waiters, often appreciate knowing who is who , but not only that, many first time Cunard guests ( when at a shared table) have shown an interest too.

We have seen people wear their lanyards with their loyalty pins from every cruise line that they have been on, and don’t get me started on formal clothes with the lovely lanyard hanging from the neck!😖😱😖

I wondered what to do with mine so took to pinning it on the leather strap of the small bag I wear during the day. That worked for the Platinum pin but the Diamond one was either of poor quality (and fell off) or was too tempting to someone (and was stolen) as it soon disappeared. I don't know how long it had been gone before I noticed. No real loss.