San Francisco

2 to cruise

Is it a port day or an embark/debark day?

We ported at Pier 27 and got off the ship around 11a. There were no taxis at that time (might have been there earlier) but there was a black shuttle van that took us up the block to the Aquarium and Pier 39. The taxi stand is across from the Aquarium.

It is not a long distance. We just did it last week from pier 27. The lineup for a cab was insane, but we had lots of people leaving the ship, it wasn't just a port stop. We took our roller bags and ended up walking to our hotel about 10min away.

Edited by trophy_23

Does anyone know how far it is to walk off the ship at this new port to the street to catch a taxi. Husband cannot walk very far.

I thank you in advance for your answers!

I have to disagree with those who are saying it is not a long walk getting off a ship at Pier 27. We ported there on the Jewel of the Seas a few weeks ago and I would suggest you get wheelchair assistance for your husband if he cant walk very far.

The gangway is not a straight shot off the ship, it goes back and forth twice before you get off the gangway onto the pier. We then walked about a third of the length of the ship before you entered the terminal. We then walked across the terminal to escalators.

I am not sure what you consider far but I think this would be a lot for a person with mobility issues. It is a beautiful terminal and is set up outside to handle shuttles and taxis but we only saw shuttles and a couple of taxis since it was a port day.

I have to disagree with those who are saying it is not a long walk getting off a ship at Pier 27. We ported there on the Jewel of the Seas a few weeks ago and I would suggest you get wheelchair assistance for your husband if he cant walk very far.

The gangway is not a straight shot off the ship, it goes back and forth twice before you get off the gangway onto the pier. We then walked about a third of the length of the ship before you entered the terminal. We then walked across the terminal to escalators.

I am not sure what you consider far but I think this would be a lot for a person with mobility issues. It is a beautiful terminal and is set up outside to handle shuttles and taxis but we only saw shuttles and a couple of taxis since it was a port day.

I totally agree with everything in this post and also suggest making arrangements for wheelchair assistance. It is a long walk for somebody with mobility issues.