Sete to Carcassonne van/car service

eurolady

Does anyone know of of a van or car service in Sete that will provide transportation to Carcassonne? I have googled and googled and came up with nothing.....anyone with experience out there? We are also looking at car rental and train travel, but would prefer to go with a van and maybe organize a group transport from our ship.

Does anyone know of of a van or car service in Sete that will provide transportation to Carcassonne? I have googled and googled and came up with nothing.....anyone with experience out there? We are also looking at car rental and train travel, but would prefer to go with a van and maybe organize a group transport from our ship.

There is a TGV that goes from Sete to Carcassone in one hour. It leaves at 9:17 and returns at 6:30 pm. There are many other trains that would take an extra 15-20 minutes. You would have to take taxis to the medieval city. It is a a couple of miles from the station. You also have to take taxis to the station in Sete.

Driving would take you less than one and a half hours and it is easy driving on the autoroute. There are tolls.

Not many other options unless you take your ship's tour.

• 1 year later...
I wish I had read your post earlier, I know a few driver/guides who can offer this service for your shore excursions in Sète. :( Maybe next time?

I would like your driver/guides recommendations- please email me

rosmerleg at hotmail dot com (usual format) Please make the subject of the email SETE

Thanks Ros

Edited by aussietwo

We would just mention another option (which we have done). One can simply rent a car from Europecar (near the port) for about $60 a day. The drive is quite easy and take about 1:15 each way. If you have 4 in the car your cost for going round trip to Carcassonne is less than $25 per person.

Hank

Setoise, please could you send me the contact details for your van/ guide recommendation for Carcassonne ? Janed at Michaelward dot co dot uk ( in the usual format !)

Interested in doing the trip from Sete . Many Thanks Jane :)

Setoise, please could you send me the contact details for your van/ guide recommendation for Carcassonne ? Janed at Michaelward dot co dot uk ( in the usual format !)

Interested in doing the trip from Sete . Many Thanks Jane :)

Jane just wondering when you will be in Sete. I don't suppose we are on the same cruise. We will be there on 21st October. Ros:)

Jane just wondering when you will be in Sete. I don't suppose we are on the same cruise. We will be there on 21st October. Ros:)

Sorry Ros , I will be there May 16th .

Will let you know how we get on there in Sete in plenty of time for your trip though !

Jane

• 10 months later...

Hey

Thank you Setoise for your recommandation, our driver guide took us to stop at an oyster farm to learn about how the oysters are produced and we did a sampling, on the back from Carcassone, we stopped at a winery for a vineyard tour and sampling.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for a possible van/driver to take us from Sete to Carcassone for the day - I will be there on October 20, 2016 and would like to have about 6-8 people if anyone is interested (we are two). Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks, Linda & Donna

• 3 weeks later...

We will be there on Sept 21, 2016 The cruise ship offers a few tours. The tour to Carassone and and the one to Arles & Les Baux both look interesting. Any advice? We do like to do private tours to keep the cost down and enjoy a more intimate day with just a few people.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
Hey

Thank you Setoise for your recommandation, our driver guide took us to stop at an oyster farm to learn about how the oysters are produced and we did a sampling, on the back from Carcassone, we stopped at a winery for a vineyard tour and sampling.

Could I get the contact info, please, for the driver service in Sete to Carcasonne?!

Starwoodward at Mac dot com,

Thanks, we're going to be there September 20!

Starmagic

• 4 months later...
Could I get the contact info, please, for the driver service in Sete to Carcasonne?!

Starwoodward at Mac dot com,

Thanks, we're going to be there September 20!

Starmagic

Hi Starmagic, were you able to/would you be willing to share the contact information? If so can you email it to marbaylorbear at gmail dot com? Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...