Pre-cruise hotel in San Pedro

2 cruzen

Stayed at Crowne Plaza after recommendations from fellow c/c members who suggested Priceline. Just wanted to add that it is a VERY nice hotel. Arrived around 6:30 pm and walked to a restaurant. I want to suggest going up 7th st instead of 6th. We walked up 6th first and didn't find any nice places, so as we were coming down 7th, we came across a Pork Chop House, or something like that. As we walked backed to the hotel, we came across a "Whaler" or something like that restaurant. Would have preferred seafood. Also, in the morning, if you don't want to pay $2.95 for coffee in the hotel restaurant, go up 6th for 1-2 blocks and there is a Subway.

In the morning we walked to the area by the pier. There is a museum for $3.00 adults (we were too late to visit, but next time). You can also walk by the ship and get some pre-cruise pictures.

Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed at Crowne Plaza after recommendations from fellow c/c members who suggested Priceline. Just wanted to add that it is a VERY nice hotel. Arrived around 6:30 pm and walked to a restaurant. I want to suggest going up 7th st instead of 6th. We walked up 6th first and didn't find any nice places, so as we were coming down 7th, we came across a Pork Chop House, or something like that. As we walked backed to the hotel, we came across a "Whaler" or something like that restaurant. Would have preferred seafood. Also, in the morning, if you don't want to pay $2.95 for coffee in the hotel restaurant, go up 6th for 1-2 blocks and there is a Subway.

In the morning we walked to the area by the pier. There is a museum for $3.00 adults (we were too late to visit, but next time). You can also walk by the ship and get some pre-cruise pictures.

Would definitely stay there again.

Might want to post this in the west coast departure board as well.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

Happy Diner is now open on Centre between 6th and 7th where Nosh used to be. Great place for breakfast.

Between the info you're providing here & on the "San Pedro from a San Pedran" thread, I am amassing some great tips for my upcoming pre-cruise stay at the C.P. Just when I think I've figured out where I'm going to have my 3 meals (during a 24 hour stay), you update the info. There seems to be quite a few interesting places w/ different cuisines within walking distance that I would enjoy trying.

What's the best way to get from LAX to hotels in San Pedro for a pre-cruise stay?

I would go with private car or shuttle rather than a taxi.

If only two of your shuttle is cheapest method. On company we have used is supershuttle and their web site is http://www.supershuttle.com

There are other shuttle companies.

For private cars we have use execucar which is actually a subsidiary of execucar. I find their rates competitive and the service nicely done. There are many car services to choose from.

Their web site is http://www.execucar.com

In each case I visit the web site to get the phone number for the southern california office and I call them to get pricing and to finalize the reservation although you can do all of this on line.

Keith

Archived