Pre-Cruise, Seattle

1025cruise

I have spent a lot of time researching here, but unfortunately, I'm still clueless.

I'm trying to find a hotel for one night in Seattle pre-cruise. We fly in on a Saturday, land roughly at 1:30pm. I'm thinking we are going to want to stay downtown close to the pier, or at least near the sightseeing stuff. I have a preference for Hilton or Marriott brands, but if there is something better, I'll look into it. I'd like a place that includes a light breakfast, but if not, so be it. A plus would be transportation to pier 91 in the morning.

Anyone have any suggestions? Would I be better off staying by the airport (I've stayed in that area for business in the past)? We will be staying one night post-cruise, so if we don't get to see "everything" on the first day, we will have the second. The post-cruise night will definitely be by the airport as our flight out is at dark thirty in the morning.

Don't worry too much about getting to the pier. A taxi from just about anywhere in town shouldn't be more than $15. The only place I know of with free shuttle to the pier is Silver Cloud Stadium.

If you look down the first page of this forum you'll see where people used priceline or hotwire to get rooms at the airport or near the Seattle Center for $100 and $139. There are a few hilton properties in town.

If you're going to sightsee, staying in town makes more sense. You would be able to sightsee all afternoon after dropping your luggage off, and in the morning you could visit Pike Place Market before the crowds hit, return to the hotel at noon, collect your luggage and head for the ship.

There's an article in the seattle forum of tripadvisor for cruisers. Might give you some helpful info.

In 2009 my family stayed at the Sheraton before our cruise. It was close to Pikes Market Place, a short monorail ride to the Space Needle, good shopping and eating near by and an easy taxi ride to the port. We likes it so much we are staying here again in June for 4 days before our cruise to Alaska.

Post cruise we stayed at the W hotel. It was a nice hotel but we didn't care for the location as much.

Thanks for the advice.

I don't use Hotwire or Priceline. I like to know where I'm staying before I book it. I also don't anticipate doing anything Sunday morning other than eating breakfast and heading to the ship. Rather than returning to the hotel around noon to pick up my luggage, I intend on being on board by then.

The Warwick had been suggested to me by my travel agent, and I don't see any issues with it, was just looking for another input.

There have been lots of positive comments about the Warwick on this forum, and the Mayflower. If you do a search, you'll find the comments and even some photos. Both are well liked.

If you want to board the ship right away, that's your perogative, I was just providing an option in case you wanted to take advantage of your free time. Enjoy !

We stayed at the Mayflower Park in 2011, and were very impressed. It is now my current favorite Seattle hotel. The location is excellent. It is right beside a light rail station and the monorail terminal to Seattle Center. You can easily walk to Pike's Market, the Seattle Art Museum, and Benaroya Hall (Seattle Symphony venue).

I stayed at the Homewood Suites on Western Ave. walked to the pier and waterfront and this hotel is 3 blocks from the Space Needle. took the shuttle from the hotel to Pier 91 the next morning. I am a Hilton Honors member. This hotel has a great breakfast and free light meal and wine and beer in the evenings.

I know there are two Homewood Suites in Seattle, but it appears that one of them is not accepting reservations after May 1. The other one looked a bit far out of the way, and had complaints of certain taxi drivers monopolizing the front area, presumably to charge higher rates to guests.

Archived