Cancelled excursion on Discovery ---has anyone else still not received a refund ?

We were on discovery from 9th-16th September and unfortunately the excursion which we had booked to Monaco and Monte Carlo was cancelled due to poor weather resulting in the tender to shore not being safe to operate. We received a letter in our cabin informing us that the money would be refunded within 3-5 working days to my husband's account as we had booked it online. So far no money has appeared. This morning my husband rang the telephone number given on the letter for any queries we might have and after holding on for 20 minutes was told he was through to the wrong department !! He was given the correct number and was told by the young man he spoke to that there was no record on our booking of the refund and he had no knowledge of it. He asked my husband to scan the letter and e-mail it to the after sales department. In other words send the letter which Thomson had given us back to them-----lack of communication within departments springs to mind !! We were just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience.

We had booked an excursion in Agadir for our upcoming cruise which has been cancelled by Thomson. The money was back in our bank account within 48 hours.

I do feel for you - sadly lack of communication between Thomson departments seems the norm rather than the exception. We were very surprised how quick our money was refunded. I hope you get good news very soon.

We were on the same cruise as you and had trip to Monaco cancelled. Found original booking and e mailed cruiseexcursions@thomson-************ with the ref no and dates on Sunday and reply today with £80 being refunded in the next 5 to 7 days.

Hope this helps.