Cheers cut off question

pohlerbear

I thoughtful you got to 14 and started paying for your drinks, you wouldn't be cut off?

Going on a cruise next week and someone in the fb group said Carnival changed the policy this year. I know they adjusted the limit on price per drink, but I havnt seen and posts about this. I

I did do a search first but no luck .

Previously guests were permitted to purchase drinks before they got to 15. I'm asking if that had changed.

Also how does drinks not covered by Cheers factor in? If my first drinks of the day are fishbowls or souvenir cups not covered by Cheers, how does that factor into the fifteen?

Previously guests were permitted to purchase drinks before they got to 15. I'm asking if that had changed.

Also how does drinks not covered by Cheers factor in? If my first drinks of the day are fishbowls or souvenir cups not covered by Cheers, how does that factor into the fifteen?

It has not changed. Purchased drinks before 15 do not count. The only way to get shut off this way is if they think you have had to much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the responses so far.

Has anyone cruised in 2018 and confirmed you can still but drinks before the limit? The poster in my group said it changed after January

stop, why don't you believe everyone. YES we sailed in 2018

Speaking of Cheers, did anyone experience earlier this year when the receipt printed out what drink number you were on once you hit drink 10? I believe I was on Victory when I saw this. I thought it was a good idea, but the last cruises I went on didn't have this "feature".

From Carnival's FAQs:

• Guests may purchase a round of drinks for themselves and friends. One drink will count towards the CHEERS! program and the remaining drinks will be charged to the guest's Sail and Sign account.

So there is always that to do. You know, but your 'friends' some drinks. And you can always get on board and find the answer for yourself since you won't take anyone's word for it here. :rolleyes:

Book bug

I did point out this rule on the post with my group but it was ignored.

I still believe this to be the rule. Was just looking to back it up against the guy in the group who told us to be prepared to be cut off. He's also saying souvenir cups are not included in cheers but count as the daily max.

not sure when he cruised last but he said the rule changed after a drunken brawl on one of the ships in January.

Thanks again for the responses

Book bug

I did point out this rule on the post with my group but it was ignored.

I still believe this to be the rule. Was just looking to back it up against the guy in the group who told us to be prepared to be cut off. He's also saying souvenir cups are not included in cheers but count as the daily max.

not sure when he cruised last but he said the rule changed after a drunken brawl on one of the ships in January.

Thanks again for the responses

The "guy in the group" doesn't know what he's talking about:

I agree that Souvenir cups aren't included in Cheers, but since you could be "buying" them for anyone, they also cannot be tracked against Cheers limits.

And as stated, any bartender can cut you off even if you haven't reached your Cheers limit.

I've only hit the max once in all of the times that I had Cheers, so I don't have any personal experience. Don't the terms of the progtam allow you to buy a bottle of wine or a fishbowl at a 25% discount? If you can do that, it's hard to imagine how they could calculate that towards your limit. On the flip side, I witnessed a bartender having difficulty with the concept of a Cheers participant wanting to buy someone else a drink a couple of weeks ago. The bartender actually suggested that he wait the 5 minutes and order another drink on Cheers. That did lead me to think that there were some complications involved....she didn't seem to have any idea as to how to do it, not that she was trying to save the guy money.

I thoughtful you got to 14 and started paying for your drinks, you wouldn't be cut off?

Going on a cruise next week and someone in the fb group said Carnival changed the policy this year. I know they adjusted the limit on price per drink, but I havnt seen and posts about this. I

I did do a search first but no luck .

15 is the limit.