Carnival Sunshine outdoor playground (Kids club)

I saw the Sunshine has an outdoor playground in the kids club. Is this locked and sectioned off. My biggest fear is my 2 year old and 5 year old escaping and falling off the ship or getting lost. I know it probably sounds crazy but my kids seem to find the smallest spaces to sneak out of or climb up.

The playground has a wall around it with a gate that can be opened or closed. The kids camp only goes out to the playground at certain times. I imagine they close the gate then to keep the kids contained. When the kids camp isn't using the playground, it is open for other kids to use, and the kids at the camp are kept inside. We went up there with my daughter, neice, and nephew (ages 2.5 - 5.5) one night after dinner to play before they went to the camp. Another night, when I dropped my daughter off, all the kids were outside playing, but I couldn't see how they had it set up. She made it safe and sound. :)  If you're still uncomfortable, you can check the activities schedule and just not send them to camp when they will be on the playground.