Silversea documentation

Mocamps

Can any of you Silversea experts please advise me on when and how I can expect documentation for my cruise?

We are booked on the November 11th Antarctic sailing on Silver Cloud Expedition and made final payment about a month ago. This will only be our 2nd cruise with Silversea though we have cruised with a number of other companies. On our last one (a Galapagos cruise) we booked last minute so the documentation came through very quickly and I seem to remember that it was posted to me? - and not just available to download as has been the case for most of our cruises. Would that be correct?

The reason that I'm keen to know is that our Antarctic cruise includes transfer and flight back to Santiago at the end of the cruise - but I have no details on the timing of that flight. So it's difficult to organise our itinerary at that end of the holiday.Do you have any idea how far in advance the documentation is usually available?

Many thanks for any help. We're VERY excited about this cruise which is definitely a bucket list one and the fact that we're doing it with Silversea is a HUGE bonus!

The tickets (or rather a Travel Journal and one sheet flights details) usually arrive about a month before departure. Your TA or Silversea will be able to tell you the charter flight timings. You will probably be in Santiago around lunch time.

Enjoy the cruise, Antarctica is magical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The travel documents are uploaded/posted on My.Silversea portal once available. We leave Aug 24 and our travel documents were available on July 20. Also, our TA emailed to us the next day.

Neilio

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Can we still expect to be posted a folder of info and tickets? I seem to remember that was the case on our last SS cruise - though that was about 3 years ago.

But I love receiving the tickets in the post ......so much better than just having to download and print them!!

Can we still expect to be posted a folder of info and tickets? I seem to remember that was the case on our last SS cruise - though that was about 3 years ago.

But I love receiving the tickets in the post ......so much better than just having to download and print them!!

You will still be sent a Silver a Box, containing the Travel Journal, baggage tags and boarding paper luggage tags. Your cruise ticket will be emailed to you. Any further queries, contact you SS reservations contact or your TA if using one.

You ought to get the box about 2 to 2 1/2 months before departure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our cruise leaves Nov. 28th and the SilverBox arrived today from our TA. I thought it used to be 30 days before but here it is 60 days before.

Our cruise leaves on November 11th but no silver box yet!! And I can't see any tickets on My Silversea either. I'll get in touch with the TA I think!!

Our cruise leaves on November 10th and we received our box at least 2 weeks ago, and we received our E-tickicts late last week. I would call your travel agent or Silversea if you haven't received anything at this point for November 11th.

Thanks everyone,

I phoned my TA and she says that they no longer send the silver boxes???.........we're in the UK. Could that be why? But she did say she would chase them for the e-tickets! But so far, nothing!!

SS certainly still send them out, if your TA cannot be bothered to send them on, then maybe it’s time for a new TA.

SS certainly still send them out, if your TA cannot be bothered to send them on, then maybe it’s time for a new TA.

Are any of you in the UK?

If so, and you DO still receive silver boxes, I will certainly give my TA a hard time!! I know we don't actually NEED the silver box (though the e-tickets would reassure me!!) but I still like getting all this stuff before a cruise.It contributes to the anticipation!

Are any of you in the UK?

If so, and you DO still receive silver boxes, I will certainly give my TA a hard time!! I know we don't actually NEED the silver box (though the e-tickets would reassure me!!) but I still like getting all this stuff before a cruise.It contributes to the anticipation!

Yes UK based.Received usual Silver Box and documentation well in advance of our recent Wind cruise.Give SS guest relations in London a call if TA not acting in your best interest.Enjoy your cruise.

I think it might depend where your TA is based. Last time we used a UK agent but, unbeknownst to us, he actually placed the booking through a US associate. When it came to getting the silver box, it went to the US chap and we had to insist we got it, not for the tickets and other bumf but primarily for the printed sticky luggage labels. The UK agent was rather annoyed as he had to bear the cost of shipping the box from the US to the UK, which he said was 50 dollars. You might want to check to whom the box has actually been sent

Wm

Our agent is UK based but I think they DO deal with Silversea in the US because it always seems to take a while for them to get back to us - due to the time change. Anyway, she has managed to contact Silversea and apparently they are behind with issuing the e-tickets for our cruise. She has apparently told them that we will be leaving the UK in 4 weeks so hopefully the tickets at least won't be too much longer. I'm not hopeful about the silver box!! But we DID get a good deal on the cruise!!