Disembarking S Muse in Muscat, Oman, 23 Oct. next

beaujolais

Be aware. SS are now no longer able to provide a visa for Oman. Travellers from most countries need an e-visa only obtainable on line through The Royal Oman Police

This was first noted when I received my Travel Journal for this voyage yesterday, up 'till then I was under the impression SS would obtain the visa.

I am only transiting from the ship to the airport

You first have to register through e-mail and so far I have been unable to get any response, even trying 2 other e-mails and my TA tried as well.

Has anyone else had these problems?

Be aware. SS are now no longer able to provide a visa for Oman. Travellers from most countries need an e-visa only obtainable on line through The Royal Oman Police

This was first noted when I received my Travel Journal for this voyage yesterday, up 'till then I was under the impression SS would obtain the visa.

I am only transiting from the ship to the airport

You first have to register through e-mail and so far I have been unable to get any response, even trying 2 other e-mails and my TA tried as well.

Has anyone else had these problems?

We haven’t applied for ours yet as they are only valid for one month after being granted. By the way you only need a 26a not a 26b visa.

The requirement is clearly stated on the original booking documentation.

Good luck and see you onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

"The requirement is clearly stated on the original booking documentation."

You are 100% correct, I must start to read the small print and thanks for the other information

Look forward to seeing you on board and maybe even at LHR on the "free" SS flight

"The requirement is clearly stated on the original booking documentation."

You are 100% correct, I must start to read the small print and thanks for the other information

Look forward to seeing you on board and maybe even at LHR on the "free" SS flight

I take it you are flying to Athens on the day, and which flight home are you booked on?

Hi Silver Spectre

As you need to register your e-mail address before you can apply for a visa I have been trying for a few days now to register without any response from the Royal Oman Police web site

Have you tried to register yet and if so have you had any success?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Just to clarify and make sure I am understanding correctly, is this visa requirement only if you disembarking from the ship in Oman and flying out from that country? Right?

In November 2018, we are doing a 20-day Athens to Dubai sailing with Oceania. There will be two different port stops in Oman. For us, we have not been told about any special, advance visa needs. Is that understanding for USA citizens correct?

Appreciate this added information and any helpful follow-ups.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 210,415 views for this posting.

Hi Silver Spectre

As you need to register your e-mail address before you can apply for a visa I have been trying for a few days now to register without any response from the Royal Oman Police web site

Have you tried to register yet and if so have you had any success?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I hadn’t spotted that you have to register first, will try tomorrow and let you know.

Just to clarify and make sure I am understanding correctly, is this visa requirement only if you disembarking from the ship in Oman and flying out from that country? Right?

In November 2018, we are doing a 20-day Athens to Dubai sailing with Oceania. There will be two different port stops in Oman. For us, we have not been told about any special, advance visa needs. Is that understanding for USA citizens correct?

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 210,415 views for this posting.

Terry, you should check with Oceania first, they may be arranging the visa for you, if not then read the details on the Royal Omani Police website.

Silver Spectre

I have solved my problem with the e-visa

I have been using btinternet to send e-mails to Oman Visa Service and it now appears that BT consider their replies as spam before I even receive the reply. I have now used G-mail and no problem, now registered

Now look forward to meeting you on board

Terry

We have another cruise with Silversea next year transiting Oman and not disembarking there. On the documents that we have they state that Silversea will obtain any necessary visa

Silver Spectre

I have solved my problem with the e-visa

I have been using btinternet to send e-mails to Oman Visa Service and it now appears that BT consider their replies as spam before I even receive the reply. I have now used G-mail and no problem, now registered

Now look forward to meeting you on board

Ok, the registration process works. Have you noticed that you will have to provide a digital photograph and a copy of your passport page, both images to be less than 512KB.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have been on the Royal Oman Police website as I finish my cruise on the 23rd October this year!!! I see what I have to do and when to apply because as you said it only lasts for thirty days but encourage my stupidity;p what is a digital photo??? and where would I get one from.:o

Thanks in advance for any answers,

Dale.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone On Siver Muse departing Muscat October 23 2018

I have desperately been trying to find anyone travelling on this tour or a Roll call board but NO LUCK

I have tried to open up a board but again not had much luck

Can anyone help ?

I have followed instructions to start a new roll call but seem to go around in circles following links !

Helpppppppp ! 🙏

Anne & Andrew

I have desperately been trying to find anyone travelling on this tour or a Roll call board but NO LUCK

Can anyone help ?

I have followed instructions to start a new roll call but seem to go around in circles following links !

Helpppppppp ! [emoji120]

Anne & Andrew

I believe everyone on this thread is disembarking on the 23rd, Roll Calls are relatively easy to create, however if one doesn’t exist yet it is unlikely that you find anyone else this close to the cruise.

Go to the Roll Call section, then for SS, then for the Muse and start a new thread.

Can anyone help ?

Helpppppppp !

Anne & Andrew

Hi There,

There is already a roll call for this cruise, if you go to the fist page of cruise critic up the top you will see a post by Laura who is a moderator click on her message and follow the instruction's it will take you there,

Dale and David.

Edited by aussiechick7
wrong information

There is definitely a roll call. Not much activity. We leave for Athens on October 5th. Looking forward to our first adventure on the Muse. Very excited to visit Petra and Luxor. Hope to see everyone at the Meet and Mingle.

My SS contact sent a reminder yesterday about the Omani visas, would have been more helpful if this had been provided with somewhat earlier.

So copied below just in case anyone has missed the 30 days expiry rule.

V6829

Please note, the Oman e-Visa validity has changed.It must now be used for entry into Oman within 30 days of approval or it willbe considered expired. If you have not yet applied for the e-visa please waitand do so until after 23 September 2018. If you have already obtained thee-visa please check the expiration date to ensure you are covered.

Guests debarking the ship in Oman must obtain an e-Visa in advance. The porthas no visa facilities. The e-Visa can be obtained online through the RoyalOman Police website: https://evisa.rop.gov.*****. Click on Apply for Unsponsored Visa. Then select yourNationality from the drop down. Once you click Next the “Visa EligibilityWizard” will show you which visas you are eligible for. Most guests haveapplied for the 26B Tourist Visit Visa but the new 26A Tourist Visit Visa wouldalso be accepted if completed after 23rd September. Click applyonline to the far right and follow the prompts to register and apply. Your Visaapproval will be sent to your specified email address approximately 24 hoursafter you apply. The current fee is 20 OMR or approximately 52 USD.

If preferred, our agent in Oman can obtain the e-Visa on guest’s behalf. Theywill require an email to krship.muscat@kr.***** with a copy of the guest’s passport, a passport sizephotograph and the name of the guest’s mother. Your approval will be sent toyour specified email address approximately 24 hours later. The cost for thee-Visa including their service fee is approximately 102USD.

Please print you e-Visa and have a copy in your possession to presentupon request.