Silversea Shadow video Asia

Jimmyke

Hi ,

Here the amazone cruise video’s from our Asia cruise hong kong to Singapore in April:

Some Nice video’s About the Ports :

Brunei :

Sarawak culturele village :

Sandakan :

Manila :

Coron :

Our suite :

Enjoy !

• Like 1

Very nice video. I will cruise for the first time aboard silver Whisper in December in a Veranda suite and your video gives me a very good idea of what I should expect. Thank you so much. If you have other video regarding restaurants and suites I’d love to see them. Thanks. Cheers from Switzerland. Christophe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
Hi ,

Here the amazone cruise video’s from our Asia cruise hong kong to Singapore in April:

Thank you for such an interesting video. We were on the Shadow more than a decade ago, and we still remember it fondly. It was, and likely still is the best ship in the Silversea fleet, better than the Spirit and the Muse.

You were in suite 521, a "terrace suite". How did you accommodate the members of your group -- likely they were in separate suites. The suite is exactly like the verandah suites except for the "shared balcony". In fact you would have a wider view without the partitions.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=112477%20%20(Part%20II) the cabin

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=680435 our Panama Canal voyage.

We still remember the "free flowing" caviar, as much as you could eat and as often as you wanted back in those days. Within a few days, all crew members called us Mr and Mrs Meow! All that changed in the subsequent years. On our last voyage on the Muse last year, everything was different, whether for the better or the worse depends on individual taste.

Your effort in taking the video is cordially appreciated.:)

Look forward to reading your thoughts on the Shadow this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stumblefoot, will definitely post and share comments about the Shadow and our overall trip . I’m getting so excited.

Stumblefoot, will definitely post and share comments about the Shadow and our overall trip . I’m getting so excited.

Thanks a bundle Bobolz. Really looking forward to your perspective as we'll be back on the Shadow in 4-months.

We were on the Shadow more than a decade ago, and we still remember it fondly. It was, and likely still is the best ship in the Silversea fleet, better than the Spirit and the Muse.

Within a few days, all crew members called us Mr and Mrs Meow! All that changed in the subsequent years. On our last voyage on the Muse last year, everything was different, whether for the better or the worse depends on individual taste.

Hi Meow! You're definitely right about individual tastes. :)

Like you, it's been a decade since we were on the Shadow. But, we really, really like the Muse and all of the dining choices it offers. Plus, the crew on our two Muse voyages were really, really good and recognized us throughout the ship. Fingers crossed that our upcoming Shadow voyage will be as memorable as the first.

Hi Meow! You're definitely right about individual tastes. :)

Like you, it's been a decade since we were on the Shadow. But, we really, really like the Muse and all of the dining choices it offers. Plus, the crew on our two Muse voyages were really, really good and recognized us throughout the ship. Fingers crossed that our upcoming Shadow voyage will be as memorable as the first.

Thank you kindly for your reply.:)

If I were Silversea, I’d give you a free cruise! The video is wonderful and really does capture the SS experience. This could be on the Wind, Whisper or Shadow as life on board is pretty much the ( wonderful) same. It changes, a bit on the Spirit and definitely on The Muse. I went on this cruise in April with two daughters and a niece....a great itinerary. We had a super time. Probably ate less and sipped more! Thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:38 AM, CruisinPashmina said:

If I were Silversea, I’d give you a free cruise! The video is wonderful and really does capture the SS experience. This could be on the Wind, Whisper or Shadow as life on board is pretty much the ( wonderful) same. It changes, a bit on the Spirit and definitely on The Muse. I went on this cruise in April with two daughters and a niece....a great itinerary. We had a super time. Probably ate less and sipped more! Thanks!

Please tell this to Silversea, would love to get a free Silversea cruise hahaha! Indeed, same wonderful experiences on all their ships.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 10/8/2018 at 6:25 PM, UpstateJan said:

Jimmyke, thank you so much for posting these videos! We were on the cruise with you, and met you several times, very nice family. Such a nice cruise with fantastic ports. Hopefully we will cross paths again.

Jan

Yes we remember you as well. Did you do some nice SilverSea cruises or made plans for the future?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jimmyke said:

Yes we remember you as well. Did you do some nice SilverSea cruises or made plans for the future?

We had a nice Caribbean cruise this past March on Silver Wind, which is a lovely ship, hitting all the small islands that were devastated during the 2017 hurricane season.  As usual, the staff was lovely, and we were lucky to be sailing with Keegan from the entertainment squad.  He ran up to us on the pier at check-in, and it was like seeing a dear old friend.  We were surprised he recognized us!  Lucky for us, we had the chance to have dinner with him one night, such a lively, funny, and sincerely sweet man.

Alas, we booked a week up the east coast of US/Canada, which we just returned from, on another line, a BIG ship.  I have to say, we had a great time, met lovely people, but we are investigating our next Silversea adventure.  What do you have planned?  Perhaps we can join you on another amazing voyage like Borneo.

Jan

2 hours ago, UpstateJan said:

We had a nice Caribbean cruise this past March on Silver Wind, which is a lovely ship, hitting all the small islands that were devastated during the 2017 hurricane season.  As usual, the staff was lovely, and we were lucky to be sailing with Keegan from the entertainment squad.  He ran up to us on the pier at check-in, and it was like seeing a dear old friend.  We were surprised he recognized us!  Lucky for us, we had the chance to have dinner with him one night, such a lively, funny, and sincerely sweet man.

Alas, we booked a week up the east coast of US/Canada, which we just returned from, on another line, a BIG ship.  I have to say, we had a great time, met lovely people, but we are investigating our next Silversea adventure.  What do you have planned?  Perhaps we can join you on another amazing voyage like Borneo.

Jan

Funny..., we were cruising the Caribbean as well in March, not SilverSea but Oceania. Our mother joined us. We have an Antarctica cruise planned with Silver Explorer, very much looking forward to that! 

On 9/30/2019 at 10:04 AM, Jimmyke said:

Funny..., we were cruising the Caribbean as well in March, not SilverSea but Oceania. Our mother joined us. We have an Antarctica cruise planned with Silver Explorer, very much looking forward to that! 

NICE!!!!  I would love to do an expedition again.  We did the Galapagos with Celebrity years ago on their 96 pax ship, which was amazing.  A few years ago we did the Amazon on a 36 pax, and fell in love with Peru.  We just missed out on the last SS sailings to Madagascar, but I keep stalking the site like a wild woman.  Antarctica or the Arctic is appealing, as is the South Pacific.  So many places to see, so few vacation days.