Today we’re beginning our silvercruise from Reykjavík to Montreal

vollard

Yesterday we walked to the pier and surprisingly Silver WindIMG_1538203759.302809.jpg.bc159ad99daf7486fb2efe9e45bbe44e.jpg was already there ( it was supposed to arrive today, what happened?????)

We had dinner at the food cellar restaurant, amazing experience! We recommend the langoustins [emoji39] delicious!

Looking forward to entering to our Silver Wind today

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have a lovely cruise on the Wind, Vollard!

Agree with above comment. Hope all goes well and that you share any and all details from your sailing. PLUS, lots of visuals as with the one you posted. Keep it coming!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting, dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 42,746 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

Wonderful evening but it’s freezing cold !!!! Outside 0 celsius degrees but inside the restaurant almost the same ! I was looking forward to come back to my wonderful room to get warmed , lots of people complaining , it’a s pity ! such a wonderful evening that I would like to enjoy but with this temperature only polar bear would! Please fix it!!!!!

We were in Reykjavik in 2011 aboard the Azamara Journey from Copenhagen to Dublin. The ship deliberately veered north 40 knots such that all of us could get the certificate for having entered the Arctic Circle.

It was at the height of Iceland's financial crisis and the little (in population) country was literally bankrupt. Now it is back to prosperity with one of the highest per capita incomes.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1482473

As everyday we go for lunch at the Terrace , I have to say that it betters everyday !!! Exceptional quality of food and professionality ; we love the suggestions and kindness of the Sommelier Florian, more than perfect!!!!IMG_1538401579.452299.jpg.53f1105984be6038dc59f613c26f7e67.jpg

Meow was on Az, not SS.

Different lines hand out different “certificates “ ie printed bits of paper, could be Arctic Circle, could be crossing the equator, could be crossing the date line, could be finding the Observation lounge ...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As everyday we go for lunch at the Terrace , I have to say that it betters everyday !!! Exceptional quality of food and professionality ; we love the suggestions and kindness of the Sommelier Florian, more than perfect!!!!

Florian was great! We always loved it when he was roaming La Terrazza and keeping our glasses half-full! Glad he's making you just as happy. Feeling sad that we've been kicked off the Wind but thanks for the live posts.

Meow was on Az, not SS.

Different lines hand out different “certificates “ ie printed bits of paper, could be Arctic Circle, could be crossing the equator, could be crossing the date line, could be finding the Observation lounge …

The certificate was issued by Azamara, and it was handed out on the pool deck, where most people gathered to witness the event, Those who did not attend the event were sent copies to their cabins afterwards.

Meow was on Az, not SS.

Different lines hand out different “certificates “ ie printed bits of paper, could be Arctic Circle, could be crossing the equator, could be crossing the date line, could be finding the Observation lounge ...

Could be taking an AZ cruise.