TBA cabins

Lottacruises

Any cabin on the ship is a good one in my book. Don’t be like that poster a month or so ago who complained about the balcony cabin her brother got when he booked a balcony cabin under a guarantee rate.

I have booked guarantee rooms twice when we decided to book a cruise last minute. Both times we were assigned an interior room on deck 1 and didn’t have any issues with the cabin or location.

Sounds exciting! I’ve never done this but would love to hear more[emoji16]did you get a great rate on the TBA? How soon is the cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The cruise is less than 2 weeks, and no, not a great rate! About 1000 total for two for a four day.

The time works for me though, so it's worth it!

Any cabin on the ship is a good one in my book. Don’t be like that poster a month or so ago who complained about the balcony cabin her brother got when he booked a balcony cabin under a guarantee rate.

I have booked guarantee rooms twice when we decided to book a cruise last minute. Both times we were assigned an interior room on deck 1 and didn’t have any issues with the cabin or location.

I'd be happy if my brother got a balcony, happy for him! I agree though, any room on the ship is better than my room at home. I prefer certain rooms and areas, but am happy just to go.

what category is your TBA? Even TBA is for a specific category.

I think my least favorite was on a older Fantasy class ship and they put me in a quad .... I was a solo cruiser. Quads on this class have those boards coming down from the upper to the lower beds, even if the beds are in the walls and not down. The braces are still in your way. I like to read and use the light and would have preferred a NOT quad.

Once I got a inside below the kitchen.

Once I got a cabin on Lido deck, so Id say this was the best Ive done.

Never a cabin other than the category booked though, but Lido deck has to be a favorite.

I think upgrades to a different category are a thing of the past because of upsells. Before upsells you might have, but not now. Now they will call until they find someone who they can get some extra money from. I havent heard of anyone who got upgraded to a different category since upsells started.

I hope you post what you got so we can know ourselves and see if anything has changed.

what category is your TBA? Even TBA is for a specific category.

I think my least favorite was on a older Fantasy class ship and they put me in a quad .... I was a solo cruiser. Quads on this class have those boards coming down from the upper to the lower beds, even if the beds are in the walls and not down. The braces are still in your way. I like to read and use the light and would have preferred a NOT quad.

Once I got a inside below the kitchen.

Once I got a cabin on Lido deck, so Id say this was the best Ive done.

Never a cabin other than the category booked though, but Lido deck has to be a favorite.

I think upgrades to a different category are a thing of the past because of upsells. Before upsells you might have, but not now. Now they will call until they find someone who they can get some extra money from. I havent heard of anyone who got upgraded to a different category since upsells started.

I hope you post what you got so we can know ourselves and see if anything has changed.

The only category open was an inside.

Once I got a cabin in the very front on 1, it was so noisy. Another time I received a interior obstructed view, which is one of the rooms in the very front that looks out on to a deck, it was deck 10.

The only category open was an inside.

Once I got a cabin in the very front on 1, it was so noisy. Another time I received a interior obstructed view, which is one of the rooms in the very front that looks out on to a deck, it was deck 10.

I got a surprise upgrade to one of those, but it was a HC and smaller, half the room was the bathroom.

I had booked a specific porthole and was not contacted they had decided to surprise upgrade me to one of those 4Js.

I dont know of anyone being upgraded out of whatever type cabin they booked, so let us know what you get, if you get that suite :)

if you have a lot of cruises as your name says, i think your chances are better to get a better cabin. I think thats why they gave me a cabin on Lido deck my last TBA.

I actually loves TBAs and would book one again in a heartbeat. I love the surprise of not knowing.

I found I could take off work and immediately booked a cruise, last minute. The only choices of rooms were a suite and a TBA.... As I anxiously await my assignment, what has been your best experience with this, or your worst? Or would you not try this at all?

I have booked TBA three times. The first time I booked balcony guarantee on Carnival and got a balcony on the lido deck (exactly where I would have booked it). I was assigned my cabin about 30 days before the cruise. Last year, I booked a balcony guarantee on Norwegian. I was assigned a balcony cabin the very next day (about 60 days out) towards the aft of the ship. Very happy. I currently have a TBA ocean view booked for January. Still waiting to hear my assignment but probably won't hear until some time in December.

I love TBAs and the surprise. IDK if they offered them on my cruise. I saw a porthole cabin was open so i grabbed it for a inside price.

But if there wasnt a porthole open, and there was a TBA I would take it. I still think depending on your days with Carnival that might help, but maybe just lucky.

OP I sure hope you tell us. I love surprises. Just want to know what you got. Its like xmas waiting to get assigned.

People has postulated that the closer to the date of the cruise, the better your chances of a upgrade, Ive read all kinds of theories on here. Dont know if any are true, or my theory they look at how many days you have with carnival.

I agree though, any room on the ship is better than my room at home. I prefer certain rooms and areas, but am happy just to go.

Not me. A room right above the disco or under the galley with all kinds of banging 24 hours a day would totally ruin it for me. I need my sleep and I wouldn't take one of those even if it was free. For that reason alone, I would never do a guarantee. But good luck! Hope you get one you're happy with.

I found I could take off work and immediately booked a cruise, last minute. The only choices of rooms were a suite and a TBA.... As I anxiously await my assignment, what has been your best experience with this, or your worst? Or would you not try this at all?

I booked an inside guarantee a couple of years ago, and it worked out great for me. I was on Empress, midship. I do remember the old days, though, where you could book an inside guarantee and possibly end up with an OV. Gotta envy ya, being able to pick up and go. Have a great trip!!!

• Like 1

A couple years ago, we sailed the Breeze and booked a balcony gaurantee. We ended up with one of the cabins right above the bbq! Well, everyone had complained about that spot, but it wasnt bad. The bbq was only open a few times, and the times it was open we really werent in our cabin. It saved us some money, and we would do a gaurantee again.

So out of curiosity, can anyone tell me about how much a guarantee vs specific cabin would save you? The few times I checked it out, the difference wasn't very much- like $50 for a 7 day cruise, but maybe I was doing something wrong?

In my case there was nothing else available. I do pick my room when I can, but the times the ship has been nearly sold out, as in this case, I would rather take a chance than not go.

You're right though, the times I have seen both the difference is minimal, I want to say like 5$ a day...

Ive gotten assigned the cabin under the galley/kitchen. It wasnt as bad as people make it sound, though we heard some noise. Im a light sleeper and if it had been awful I would say.

But I been there and can speak from experience lol.

The worst cabins where where the stewart parks his cart opposite and he was noisy, or on Princess under the treadmill where all day long was bang bang bang, every footstep we could hear it. Or next to the Stewarts closet. those are worse imo.

Ive gotten assigned the cabin under the galley/kitchen. It wasnt as bad as people make it sound, though we heard some noise. Im a light sleeper and if it had been awful I would say.

But I been there and can speak from experience lol.

The worst cabins where where the stewart parks his cart opposite and he was noisy, or on Princess under the treadmill where all day long was bang bang bang, every footstep we could hear it. Or next to the Stewarts closet. those are worse imo.

Oh yeah, the room next to their "closet" is pretty bad!