Silver Wind Pending Announcement

Stumblefoot

Wait List? Yes...wait and see what sad news awaits us. I was ready to book several of the Tower Bridge to Tower Bridge segments now “ Wait Listed”. I’m quite sure there are other Wind fans who would feel the same. Stumblefoot and JP...please try to keep on top of this. Business is business...I certainly get it, but...she was my first Silversea ship...the second year she sailed. I’ll be embarking on November 15th and will twist all the arms I can to try to get more info.

I understand it is no more sinister than a potential charter that is still confirming the required dates, then others presently waitlisted will be released back to the marketplace.

Which in itself is just so wrong. I wonder if those on all of those sailings have been told "you know that cruise you paid for in full, well we're thinking of selling it to someone else now. ... We'll let you know in due course if you can sail with us or not."

I agree that charters is the most likely reason. If they were dry docking, they'd just evaporate the sailings like they did when the Spirit was stretched. Besides...... It's pretty clear they are dry docking after the last sailing into London at the begining of August (which we've booked and definitely would have been most upset if that had gone too.)

But ..... Maybe they've got a cheaper date for the refit and need to get it firmed up.

I expect the answer will be revealed shortly and I doubt it is "good news".

It means we will need to look elsewhere for our 25th Anniversary party - June 10, 2020. Or it may mean that we've chartered the ship for a 3-month party. Did you not get the invitation yet? The mail is so slow... ;)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Our invitation hasnt not arrived in the mail !!! I think my money is on Silver Wind Expedition ;);)

Very interesting ...

I'm booked on the cruise ending Apr 6th - a TA to Lisbon - so will follow this carefully. The voyage immediately before or after dry dock work are generally to be avoided.

A 3 month window is long if it's to do with charters (yes, could be holding dates open), but is I suspect, long enough to Cloudify.

Very interesting ...

I'm booked on the cruise ending Apr 6th - a TA to Lisbon - so will follow this carefully. The voyage immediately before or after dry dock work are generally to be avoided.

A 3 month window is long if it's to do with charters (yes, could be holding dates open), but is I suspect, long enough to Cloudify.

My thoughts too. I was actually booked on your TA but decided to change for the final Tower Bridge cruise before being Cloudified..... so maybe I’m now on the First AFTER.

As usual though CC comes up with the questions and probable answers.

Anyone booked on the waitlisted cruises to ask the question directly if they are booked or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked on that same TA. Might we be the last to sail on a non-expedition Wind?
It'll probably be 10% there by the time you reach Lisbon! lol

I do seem to recall assurances given that all published 19 and 20 sailings would be safe..... So can't be an early dry dock surely!

But unless JPs celebration is a 3 month charter, I can't see this as anything other than what's being speculated ie take no further bookings but not cancel until 100% certain

It means we will need to look elsewhere for our 25th Anniversary party - June 10, 2020. Did you not get the invitation yet? The mail is so slow... ;)

Our invitation hasnt not arrived in the mail!!!

JP,

I understand slow mail to Australia, but did you use the Pony Express to the Rockies?

If JP and the ron's are going…where do I sign…..
I agree! JP, will you be serving top shelf champagne to those onboard for your 25th anniversary voyage?

I’ll be embarking on November 15th and will twist all the arms I can to try to get more info.
Look forward to what you find out once you are on board in a month CrusinPashmina. The Wind is the only classic ship we haven’t been on.

I understand it is no more sinister than a potential charter that is still confirming the required dates, then others presently waitlisted will be released back to the marketplace.
It must be one heck of a charter to hold so many voyages at bay.

I do seem to recall assurances given that all published 19 and 20 sailings would be safe..... So can't be an early dry dock surely!

I’m with you Les. Especially after what Jolly was told when she was on her TA a couple of weeks ago.

BTW... nice to see you back and posting on CC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be a Baldrick style cunning plan ..... 🦊

We sailed on the Wind in March ... #2809.

Some six months before we sailed they cancelled several consecutive cruises ... 2801/2/3/4/5/6 I believe. No reason was given that I remember. We were told we would be OK but then the one after ours was cancelled.

It makes you wonder what they are thinking at times.

Thre are two types of sea sickness.

The first is when you think you are dying, and the second is when you wish you were dead!

I rang this morning as curiosity got the better of me - and if I'm honest, concerns if it was an earlier than scheduled dry dock, could knock out my booking as well.

Good news - it isn't an early dry dock.

It is the other suggestion - charters. Apparently there is a lot of interest for the London no fly trips for charters. No decision has been made and its currently just in the "possible" stage and the options being looked at and no further bookings being taken - which that is certainly not a bad thing. I'd be very surprised if they all remained as shown - ie some will be given back.

I know this business of charters affects all CL and not just SS to know larger group bookings can push your booking to one side in preference for the $$$. Of course they could agree you can still sail and probably most groups will be fine. That's not always the case of course.

Anyway - I guess shortly those cruises will either disappear completely of come back on sale.

So if they do and you are worried about sharing with a large party - ask them directly. You're at least in the position to make an informed decision on booking or not.