LAX transportation to Long Beach Port-Uber

100Happy

Has anyone used Uber to and from an LAX hotel/and the Long Beach cruise port? Easy? Cost? Did you wait a long time for driver?

We will be on a cruise next week and there will be 5 of us and we would prefer our own transportation since we will be staying at The LAX Renaissance. We may decide to use Carnivals vans for our return trip to LAX but wanted to see if Uber drivers will do a round trip.

TIA

Uber pick-up service at LAX starts tomorrow. (Lyft has been authorized for a few weeks, and both have always been allowed to drop off at LAX). Here's the announcement: https://newsroom.uber.com/la/laxpickups/

From personal experience worldwide, there shouldn't be more than a 5-minute wait for an Uber car. FYI, Uber does not do "roundtrips"....when you need to go from the ship to the airport, you just hail a ride via the Uber app on your smartphone.

FYI, UberX fare from LAX area to Carnival (long Beach) is $29-$38 and to San Pedro the fare is $26-$33.

Edited by kenish

Uber pick-up service at LAX starts tomorrow. (Lyft has been authorized for a few weeks, and both have always been allowed to drop off at LAX). Here's the announcement: https://newsroom.uber.com/la/laxpickups/

From personal experience worldwide, there shouldn't be more than a 5-minute wait for an Uber car. FYI, Uber does not do "roundtrips"....when you need to go from the ship to the airport, you just hail a ride via the Uber app on your smartphone.

FYI, UberX fare from LAX area to Carnival (long Beach) is $29-$38 and to San Pedro the fare is $26-$33.

Thank you so much for this information!

Has anyone used Uber to and from an LAX hotel/and the Long Beach cruise port? Easy? Cost? Did you wait a long time for driver?

We will be on a cruise next week and there will be 5 of us and we would prefer our own transportation since we will be staying at The LAX Renaissance. We may decide to use Carnivals vans for our return trip to LAX but wanted to see if Uber drivers will do a round trip.

TIA

Did you try Uber? Very curious if you were happy with it and what the actual charge was...

Thanks!

We where in Long Beach for 3 days January 1 too the 4th.Uber pickup at LGB was there in less then 3 minutes.Had them take us from hotel to World cruise port requested suv we cause we had 5 suitcases.

For 4 people and their luggage, you probably need Uber XL. The Uber website shows the LAX -> Carnival fare as $46-$60. That's for the trip, not per-person.

Uber really doesn't do "round trips", nor is it necessary. When you're off the ship and ready to roll, just fire up the Uber app and hail a car.

I *highly* recommend setting up Uber at home and having someone with experience show you the ropes.

Update....

We used Lyft since I have experience with it and since it was very easy to request service for 6 persons (only 5 of us). You have 2 choices 4 or 6 persons and it was easier then going through Uber to get this.

Yes this service is on demand and no setting up round trip or scheduling pickups. We requested the service took about 15 mins for pick up, which I believe is directly related to us needing 6 person (supply). Anyway, cost to port was $50 and return to airport was $55. Yes this is total not per person.

I highly recommend Lyft or Uber. It is much cheaper and just better all around then taxi or shuttle van. There are a lot of ways to get discounts on rides so google it shortly before you leave and yes download the app(s) at home. Just easier.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Update....

We used Lyft since I have experience with it and since it was very easy to request service for 6 persons (only 5 of us). You have 2 choices 4 or 6 persons and it was easier then going through Uber to get this.

Yes this service is on demand and no setting up round trip or scheduling pickups. We requested the service took about 15 mins for pick up, which I believe is directly related to us needing 6 person (supply). Anyway, cost to port was $50 and return to airport was $55. Yes this is total not per person.

I highly recommend Lyft or Uber. It is much cheaper and just better all around then taxi or shuttle van. There are a lot of ways to get discounts on rides so google it shortly before you leave and yes download the app(s) at home. Just easier.

What time was your flight or how long was the drive?

I just found out that most trips noon is ok, but for the Miracle, Carnival won't shuttle you before one. I have a noon flight, boat dock time is 9. I'm TSA pre. I think I would be fine with Lyft; but moving the flight to 2 is my other option.

thanks!!!

We flew out of LAX at 1 and had no issues getting to the airport in time. Unfortunately I do not recall the exact time we got to the airport except that we didn't have to rush once we got there. We did eat breakfast in the MDR that morning before we disembarked which would have been the 2nd breakfast service since we had second dining. I hope this helps.

Edited by 100Happy

We flew out of LAX at 1 and had no issues getting to the airport in time. Unfortunately I do not recall the exact time we got to the airport except that we didn't have to rush once we got there. We did eat breakfast in the MDR that morning before we disembarked which would have been the 2nd breakfast service since we had second dining. I hope this helps.

Carnival has two breakfast seatings? We haven't been on a Carnival ship since 2002, and back then, you would go to the open dining room when you wanted breakfast or go to the lido buffet.

Carnival has two breakfast seatings? We haven't been on a Carnival ship since 2002' date=' and back then, you would go to the open dining room when you wanted breakfast or go to the lido buffet.[/quote']

We've never had two seatings for breakfast. Do know that in 'the dark ages' before dinner buffets everyone was assigned early or late. Your breakfast and lunch times also followed early or late.

Edited by SadieN

I could be incorrect on the two breakfast seating's. Sorry I just don't remember. I guess I was going off the assumption it was just like Disney Cruise Line (we sail them yearly) which is 2 breakfasts. This was my first and probably my only Carnival cruise.

Anyway, whatever breakfast time is we ate it and arrived at LAX via Lyft with plenty of time.