Questions on Reservations and Dining (NCL)

laur371

For reference, the cruise I am asking about is a NCL Sky 3 day weekend cruise from Miami to Bahamas.

Hi All, my parents are going on their first cruise, and are not computer savvy, so I am asking questions on their behalf. They do hope to be healthy and not eat too much, but they did ask an interesting question. If they made reservations for a sit down restaurant on the ship, and for whatever reason wanted to grab a snack off the buffet line a few hours later, could they do that?

Do you usually need to make reservations for breakfast and lunch? Website seems to only have for dinner.

How important is it to make reservations before the trip? (we are two weeks out now).

What do people do about lunch in port days? Do people go back on the boat to eat? Or pack a sandwhich from the buffet in their bag? Or just buy on the island?

For coffee, are there coffee makers in a room? How do people get their morning coffee if they want to drink it on their balcony?

Thanks!

For reference, the cruise I am asking about is a NCL Sky 3 day weekend cruise from Miami to Bahamas.

Hi All, my parents are going on their first cruise, and are not computer savvy, so I am asking questions on their behalf. They do hope to be healthy and not eat too much, but they did ask an interesting question. If they made reservations for a sit down restaurant on the ship, and for whatever reason wanted to grab a snack off the buffet line a few hours later, could they do that?

Do you usually need to make reservations for breakfast and lunch? Website seems to only have for dinner.

How important is it to make reservations before the trip? (we are two weeks out now).

What do people do about lunch in port days? Do people go back on the boat to eat? Or pack a sandwhich from the buffet in their bag? Or just buy on the island?

For coffee, are there coffee makers in a room? How do people get their morning coffee if they want to drink it on their balcony?

Thanks!

There is anNCL forum on CC. A better place for NCL questions.

No reservations need to be made for any meals.

Yes, a snack could be taken from buffet and still eat in dining room.

Food is not supposed to be taken off the ship. Most ports have rules against it.

Balcony rooms have a coffee maker. There is also an order card for complimentarycoffee and pastries delivered to the cabin during breakfast hours.

They can grab a bite at the buffet anytime it is open and still eat in one of the dining venues. The only time reservations are recommended is if dining in a specialty restaurant and even then it's only a recommendation. Dining in the MDR is freestyle so no reservations are made there. No reservations for breakfast or lunch but the only times we ate breakfast or lunch onboard NCL we ate at the buffet. On the 3 day I think they go to Nassau and GSC. Plenty of places to eat ashore in Nassau (including American fast food) and lunch is provided at GSC. As mentioned fresh foods are not allowed to be taken ashore although sealed pre-packaged items can be.

Thank you all! Another question:

Many of you are saying I don't need reservations in the MDR, but may in the specialty restaurants. What about the conpliemntary restauarest? Those are different than the MDR right? Or are they the same?

Many of you are saying I don't need reservations in the MDR, but may in the specialty restaurants. What about the conpliemntary restauarest? Those are different than the MDR right? Or are they the same?

The MDR’s are complimentary.

The MDR’s are complimentary.

I think I don't understand the terminology. When I read the NCL website they showed only one MDR but multiple complimentary restaurants .Are you using the word interchangeably?

Thanks for your patience. I am new here.

I think I don't understand the terminology. When I read the NCL website they showed only one MDR but multiple complimentary restaurants .Are you using the word interchangeably?

Thanks for your patience. I am new here.

MDR stands for Main Dining Room. There are two.

No reservations needed. There are other complimentary food places too.

I make reservations for at sea days, just to help plan our day, and reduce the wait. In port we usually play it by ear, since we're not sure when we'll get back onboard.

Room service coffee and continental breakfast are free, I order that to have something while waiting for everyone to get going.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Forums mobile app