Double Tree San Pedro Pre-Cruise

#1Nanna

Hi!

We are thinking of staying at Doubletree San Pedro one night pre-cruise in February. I am just wanting to hear some feedback from others that have stayed here recently. Also, are there restaurants within walking distance? How was their shuttle to cruise pier?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There isn't much in the way of restaurants within walking distance around the Doubletree. Which is why I've cancelled the DT twice. This isn't really an answer, but do consider the Crowne Plaza when you're looking at San Pedro hotels. There are a couple of bars and restaurants within walking distance there, plus the cruise port is just a block or two away (along with the USS Iowa museum). The CP also offers a shuttle to the port.

There is one good restaurant within walking distance of the Doubletree--the 22nd Street Landing...

http://22ndstlandingrestaurant.com/

Just a short walk around the yacht harbor just past the yacht club...

Other than that, for the most part, you need a ride over to the Downtown area near the Crowne Plaza or to the Ports o' Call area up the channel a bit...The Doubletree WILL shuttle you to either for free (just give a small tip to the driver!)...or you can catch an Uber...Or, if you don't mind walking a bit, it's about a 2 mile walk in each direction to get to, say, Acapulco Restaurant on the waterfront...

The Crowne Plaza, OTOH, has several good restaurant choices within about two blocks of the hotel...

As to Long Beach, yes, they have a lot more restaurant choices near the major Downtown Long Beach hotels--but, unless you are cruising Carnival, you are also spending a bit more for that extra shuttle, taxi or Uber ride to get to the port in the morning...If all you need is a quick one night's sleep and dinner the night before, then San Pedro is more than sufficient and has enough good restaurants for your choice for one dinner...

Thank you for your replies. We are flying into LAX late afternoon the day before our cruise, we are on Princess so leaving from San Pedro. So yes, all we really need is a good place for dinner and a good nights sleep. Thank you for the info regarding Doubletree Shuttle, that is very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We loved the Doubletree. In fact, we had booked another hotel for a post cruise day, and we cancelled it to stay at the Doubletree another night. The rooms were large and clean, and the harbor view rooms are well worth the price. The staff is probably the most friendly and helpful staff we've seen in years. The buffet breakfast is very good, too. They have a shuttle that will take you to restaurants and other places in San Pedro. The 22St. Landing is pricey, but well worth it. We had a dinner and a lunch there, and both were very good.

We wouldn't consider any other hotel the next time we're in San Pedro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Just booked a stay here for next January (a Sunday for a Monday cruise).

Question - how does the free shuttle to the pier work - is it difficult to get a place on it? Do we sign up the night before or ?

Just booked a stay here for next January (a Sunday for a Monday cruise).

Question - how does the free shuttle to the pier work - is it difficult to get a place on it? Do we sign up the night before or ?

Just tell the front desk when you check-in and they'll sign you up. Be down in the lobby with your stuff a little bit before your time, the driver will come in and let you know it's time to load up and go.

Return is the opposite, just go where they dropped you off and wait, they come about every 15-20 minutes, look for the DoubleTree logo on the van.

Just tell the front desk when you check-in and they'll sign you up. Be down in the lobby with your stuff a little bit before your time, the driver will come in and let you know it's time to load up and go.

THANKS! Do you know what time the shuttle leaves the hotel (I am trying to meet up with a friend)? I assume they make multiple trips??

THANKS! Do you know what time the shuttle leaves the hotel (I am trying to meet up with a friend)? I assume they make multiple trips??

When we used them last they had three 12-pax vans running all morning for people coming and going. The sign-up sheet will have the times.