Rumours again....

ohnonotmeagain

When in the Caribbean always ask if it is US dollars or Caribbean dollars because there are roughly 3 Caribbean dollars to 1 US dollar.

Yes we’d only be carrying small USD bills for tips onboard and ashore

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes we’d only be carrying small USD bills for tips onboard and ashore

When we were last in the Caribbean some markets and shops gave us change in Eastern Caribbean dollars which are worthless outside the Caribbean and some tried to say they were the same value!!

All the cruiselines say this because all onboard spend is done with your Seapass card.

The only time you use cash is for TIPS.

But if we are talking P&O and I assume we are at the moment you can continue to opt into the auto grats which take care of the TIPS and next year due to the change in policy TIPS will be include.

So your cruise card is all you need unless you feel the need to TIP extra which as said is down to individual choice.

But if we are talking P&O and I assume we are at the moment you can continue to opt into the auto grats which take care of the TIPS and next year due to the change in policy TIPS will be include.

So your cruise card is all you need unless you feel the need to TIP extra which as said is down to individual choice.

Yes the cash is handy for room service deliveries for example or for tipping waiters on a few occasions, not for every drink

Sorry I meant additional TIPS.

I always auto-pay tips on P&O and pre-pay tips on RC.

On P&O it's usually in the Speciality restaurants although last month we were sitting on the promenade deck and a waitress got us a couple of drinks so I gave her a couple of pounds and she was surprised but happy.IMG_20180825_150135.thumb.jpg.b2226a7483b3b213148bdb081ea9e9a1.jpg

suum cuique

Had to Google it, but you have summed up what everybody on this forum should realise...

TO EACH HIS OWN....

Sorry if I should have known this, but I am also the guy who has just learned it is poor etiquette to take your jacket off when sitting for dinner on a formal night.... Shame on me...

Had to Google it, but you have summed up what everybody on this forum should realise...

TO EACH HIS OWN....

Sorry if I should have known this, but I am also the guy who has just learned it is poor etiquette to take your jacket off when sitting for dinner on a formal night.... Shame on me...

Not at all - i was just trying to be clever [emoji23]

Sorry I meant additional TIPS.

I always auto-pay tips on P&O and pre-pay tips on RC.

On P&O it's usually in the Speciality restaurants although last month we were sitting on the promenade deck and a waitress got us a couple of drinks so I gave her a couple of pounds and she was surprised but happy.[ATTACH]428707[/ATTACH]

OK, Thanks for that.(y)

BTW, looks like you are enjoying yourself, where is the Speckled Hen or did you have one or two later. :D