Mini Suites on Oceana

Captainclive.

Hi all

I am looking to book a Mini Suite on Oceana for the E014A Greek Islands cruise, and wondered if anyone had any snippets as to the best location for a mini suite??

Kinda thinking fwd on B deck??

Never been on her before so it will all be new to me.

Regards

Clive.

Another vote for the aft mini suites on Oceana - our favourite cabins on P&O apart from the aft suites on Oceana! The ones on C deck - C744 and C747 have the largest balconies. The midship minis are completely different from the aft ones. They are like two balcony cabins joined together so have a long, narrow balcony whereas the aft ones have much deeper balconies so you can have a table and 4 chairs out there easily, plus the loungers. We'd go for the aft ones every time - we have seen in a midship mini when we joined some friends for a drink and were convinced we had much more room, both inside the cabin and certainly on the balcony.

Thanks Annie.

Just spoke to a friend who had the B753 cabin, and he agreed it was larger, the downside for him was vibration early doors when docking at Ports, and lack of sun on the balcony.

So seems like everything there are pluses and minuses.

Will see what's available when I can get on and book on the 19th.

Thanks Annie.

Just spoke to a friend who had the B753 cabin, and he agreed it was larger, the downside for him was vibration early doors when docking at Ports, and lack of sun on the balcony.

So seems like everything there are pluses and minuses.

Will see what's available when I can get on and book on the 19th.

I would disagree with the comment about lack of sun on the balcony. We like the aft mini suites because they get more sun than the ones down the side! This is because the back of the ship slopes down, whearas the side of the ship goes straight down of course. You might want to google photos of Oceana aft!

I agree, we've never found a lack of sun at the stern, in fact in the Caribbean when it's got too hot we were able to move back on the balcony into some shade which was very welcome - this is possible because of the depth of the balcony. The noise from the thrusters only comes when the ship is docking and then only for a short while so only when the ship is coming into a port or leaving at the end of a visit, certainly not long enough to be a nuisance - well not to us anyway.

Thanks for your replies, will look at the aft cabins when the booking window opens, but with only the 6 available sounds like they are going to be hard to get.

I would say there are only 4 available - the ones on B and C deck! The ones on D deck don't have the same type of balcony (again you get see this if you look at a picture of the aft!).

True, so even less chance of getting one, as I’m only a low loyalty tier I will probably be beaten to them by higher up customers but we will see Tmw.

We're low tier and have managed to get them even at peak times - so hopefully you will be lucky!

We are booked into B748 on next March’s Arabian Gulf Cruise back to Malta. We did a ship’s visit over a year ago and decided the cabins were on the small side so a mini suite was best for us. Having read a lot of comments at the time of booking, and since,I am more than happy. Any lack of sun will not be a problem as I am sure we will welcome shade on that particular cruise![emoji41][emoji924]

Sent from my iPad using Forums