Riviera inside location

ZZRLAD

Hi All,

Just been informed we have been allocated R256 for our cruise in October 2020 on Ventura.

Not a location I would normally have chosen. But before I request a change I would like to ask anyone with experience of this or similar locations for their thoughts please. In particular in relation to noise from the stairs the closed off area in between please ?

thanks

Graham

Edited by ZZRLAD
added the ship name (silly omission....)

I have found Riviera Deck on Ventura very good, in my case I picked a Balcony Cabin Starboard Aft. I favour aft on Ventura because it gives vertical access to very useful range of facilities. You have obviously noticed being next to a crew access corridor and proximity to the forward stairs. This gives access to spa/gym and theatre not such a good range for most people. I do not think you will get much noise from the crew access and stairs. The cabins to avoid on Riviera Deck of any type are R311 to R602 which are below open decks where loungers might be dragged into position by the crew tidying up and people just repositioning them.

If changing the cabin is to one of your choice then you could do a move, if it is to a random cruise line allocation I should leave it as is because you have got a reasonably good inside cabin.

Regards John

I guess the only other consideration is whether you suffer any nasty reaction to the motion of the ocean! In October the Atlantic & the BoB can be lively at times - although also it can be calm. The cabin you have been allocated is obviously high and forward so any movement will be felt more than if you were lower and/or midships.

thanks for the feedback John and Andrew. Will stick with it and see how is goes.

Don't think the ships movement will be an issue, unless the sea is particularly rough. So will see how it is.

This will be our first time in an inside cabin and with P&O. So we are just trying a few different options.

Thought the proximity to the stairs would not be too noisy but wasn't sure about the crew access area.

Thanks for your thoughts, appreciate the comments.

Crew access is really only cabin stewards coming out and going back in with the trolleys they use in conjunction with cleaning cabins. This is in the day when these activities are in process. Last night might be suitcase removal from first sitting time for disembarkation until 10pm approximately.

Regards John

We were in an inside cabin on Azura and unbeknown to us when we booked there was somewhere near us a metal staircase (not public access) and a crew access door nearby and every morning from about 6am there was clattering of people using the stairs for access waking us up every morning.

Crew access is really only cabin stewards coming out and going back in with the trolleys they use in conjunction with cleaning cabins. This is in the day when these activities are in process. Last night might be suitcase removal from first sitting time for disembarkation until 10pm approximately.

Regards John

Thanks John

Am ok, if that’s the case. Not bothered about during the day. Was more concerned about midnight - 07:00.

Sounds as if that won’t be an issue.

Cheers

Graham

Forward on R deck is a great location, up one level of stairs then along a little corridor and you are on outside deck and can walk along (under semi cover) to the buffet.

The only problem is the sway if very rough but recently in that location been very lucky. It’s always been a quiet area when I’ve been in that location (about 4 times on Azura/Ventura)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums