Cuba Cruise via Majesty of the Seas

toots476

Having had polio, I'm weak in my legs & use a cane. Will I be able to get on & off the ship in Havana? Is there a good railing on the stairway going on & off the ship. Also, would there be a shore excursion that I would be able to take?

Majesty is a really old ship, and won't be nearly as accessible as newer ones. Also, Cuba is still coming into its own as far as tourists. It is not all that disabled friendly. But, if you can climb up steps into a bus, you could do any tour that's rated as easy. But even with that, I've found that a lot of the local sites in Havana will be on bumpy walkways and there are lots of steps to get into buildings.

Having had polio, I'm weak in my legs & use a cane. Will I be able to get on & off the ship in Havana? Is there a good railing on the stairway going on & off the ship. Also, would there be a shore excursion that I would be able to take?

Yes there are railings, but some things to be aware of. First, the ramps are a little steep. Next, you need to go through customs. First time off the ship, expect at least 30 minute line. Once through customs, proceed and follow the sign for the elevator. It's a little slow, and rickety, but it does work.

The streets in Havana are cobblestone. They are bumpy. Tours you will need to get on and off a bus, and some of the sites you will need to walk over uneven walkways etc.

Instead of doing a bus tour, you might want to do a old taxi tour instead on your own. Negotiate a price. Reason is, they can be more accommodating to you, as an individual, instead of a heard on the bus.