Omg I have booked an Iona Cruise!

kikki21

We got the cabin location we wanted. Right at the front of the ship which for a Fjords Cruise is pretty special. I was a bit perturbed that I would feel the sea more at the front on the Meraviglia but it was so smooth sailing on her so I’m pretty happy right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got the cabin location we wanted. Right at the front of the ship which for a Fjords Cruise is pretty special. I was a bit perturbed that I would feel the sea more at the front on the Meraviglia but it was so smooth sailing on her so I’m pretty happy right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds fantastic. We have had a couple of cruises in front Suites on Britannia and the forward facing panoramic windows are brilliant. We kept the blind open so woke every morning to panoramic views and could watch our approach to ports from bed! We also set up our own private Crows Nest with two of the chairs from the living room, which was lovely during sea days when the ship was busy. We had an aft corner wrap suite on another cruise on Britannia and although the balcony was ten times better, there were multiple other problems (soot, vibration, plumbing noises), none of which we experienced at the front of the ship. As for movement in relation to your position in the ship, I think this is overplayed. On our last Britannia cruise there was some pitching and rolling (corkscrew motion) on the return trip and as an experiment I stood in a number of areas in the ship (aft, forward, midships, higher decks, lower decks) and have to say that the degree of movement felt pretty much the same everywhere. It was a bit less in the restaurant midships, but that’s very low down and a few decks below the balcony cabins. I’m sure that you will have a fantastic experience.