Our Poesia Cruise Experience - September 2018

Beamafar

More dinner menus:

5a03fdaef69c1d59ce84417c1728905b.jpg

Leg of lamb (one of my favourites when it's done right, which it was this time!) The broccoli was a side order!

15bbb9c34347a139468d94eb003ab638.jpg

Lemon cake. I always get a glass of Limoncello to wash this down

88db2ed6e6c8ccb1b7937458bef14198.jpg

459962ab68be83edb3c391d9c483e828.jpg

Beef tenderloin

51cc2b7a33552c37570930ecff731f05.jpg

Baked Alaska

222041cb48ef1be2d95c3f8c25ee3e3d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by Beamafar

Good evening from Norway,

What a lovely review and I'm delighted to see that you enjoyed the MSC Poesia. She is a lovely ship with very nice interiors and a great atmosphere. The itineraries from Venice to the Adriatic and Greek Islands are one of my favorites. As you called in Albania, did they offer Duty Free sales in the shops onboard? Very nice to see that the food and service was very good. I had the same experience on the Seaview in July.

Your photos are great. Thanks a lot for sharing [emoji3]

Sent fra min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

Thank you for your review! Looking forward to our cruise with MSC Poesia in September next year from Copenhagen to Genoa. Its a long time to September next year, but luckily we got two cruises on MSC Meraviglia coming up. First one in October this year, and one on February. Again thank you!

Good evening from Norway,

What a lovely review and I'm delighted to see that you enjoyed the MSC Poesia. She is a lovely ship with very nice interiors and a great atmosphere. The itineraries from Venice to the Adriatic and Greek Islands are one of my favorites. As you called in Albania, did they offer Duty Free sales in the shops onboard? Very nice to see that the food and service was very good. I had the same experience on the Seaview in July.

Your photos are great. Thanks a lot for sharing [emoji3]

Sent fra min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

Thanks, NC. Yes, the duty-free shop was open onboard due to the call to Albania. :) However, DH's cigarettes were much cheaper in Katakolon, where they were very heavily discounted. This is fairly new in Katakolon; they seem to have copped on to the prices onboard the ships and are giving them some real competition.

Thanks for the great review. We are sailing on the bellissima next year on the aurea experience. Is the top 16 the sun deck used for aurea experience, and do you have to pay for sunbeds?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Forums mobile app

Yes, the private solarium is included in Aurea bookings (it'll be on a different deck on Bellissima - it was on deck 16 on Poesia, hence the name 'Top 16'). The only thing you have to pay for is the large 'pod' (sorry, I never took a photo of one :rolleyes:). On our cruise, the 2 portside pods were taken each time we were up on the deck and I did see someone using one of the portside ones one day. I believe these are what are referred in the pricing as "Rattan sunbeds".

The crew member tending the bar would bring us a couple of skewers of fruit late in the mornings when we were there (you can see the skewers in the photo above).

Thank you for doing a review. We are looking forward to our cruise on tye Poesia next fall, and really appreciate all the information.

Glad to hear it was of some help to you. I hope you have as a good a time onboard as we did - it really was one of our best MSC cruises.

• 11 months later...

Thank you for your review. We are sailing the MSC Poesia in November of this year and your review was really helpful. I would like to ask some extra questions about the MSC Poesia maybe someone can answer.

- is the MDR open for breakfast and lunch every day? Also for lunch on embarkation day?

- is there a waiter at the top 16 solarium deck?

- when we board we go straight to our room to get our cruise cards (they are not given at check in)?

- towels to use at the swimming pool are found in your room? Is that one towel per person?

Any other tips are more than welcome. Thank you very much in advance!

Lindsay (& Siegfried)