Thermal spa questions on the Seaside

Danny61231

My wife and I are considering massages while on board that include access to the thermal spa area. Has anyone been in the thermal spa area that can tell me what they offer? Neither of us have much experience with spas but we were thinking it would be a nice quiet area to get away to whenever we wanted.

Are you able to access the thermal spa area 24 hours a day or only during certain hours?

Stupid question but what would you wear to the thermal spa while using it (you can really see how out of the ordinary this is for us lol)? Swim suit or?

Any answers or other advice would be greatly appreciated as we leave in just over two weeks! Thanks

File this under have not been on the ship yet advice:

There are a number of videos from the Thermal Spa on youtube just google MSC Seaside Thermal Spa. From what I remember there is a dry sauna, aromatherapy showers, a snow room or cold room, a room with some relaxation reclining loungers, a locker room, and a room with a large hot tub. There's also a hot tub and loungers and some kiosks out on the deck where they do some massages. I'm sure there were a couple of other areas but that's what I recall. Other than a small changing area everything is coed so please wear a bathing suit. I don't recall the exact hours but I do seem to recall there being posted hours for the spa on the Daily Programs I've seen.

File this under have not been on the ship yet advice:

There are a number of videos from the Thermal Spa on youtube just google MSC Seaside Thermal Spa. From what I remember there is a dry sauna, aromatherapy showers, a snow room or cold room, a room with some relaxation reclining loungers, a locker room, and a room with a large hot tub. There's also a hot tub and loungers and some kiosks out on the deck where they do some massages. I'm sure there were a couple of other areas but that's what I recall. Other than a small changing area everything is coed so please wear a bathing suit. I don't recall the exact hours but I do seem to recall there being posted hours for the spa on the Daily Programs I've seen.

I found the information to be Wellbeing & MSC Aurea Spa - 9:00am - 9:00pm Thermal Spa

9:00am - 9:00pm MSC Aurea Spa, 6:00am - 10:00pm MSC Gym by Technogym

I hope this helps!

We were on last week. There are 2 steam rooms, light and dark; two saunas, soft and hot; a salt room; snow room. The hydrotherapy pool/hot tub was not hot. Everyone wears swimsuits. 3 thermal loungers. It was an ok spa but not the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on last week. There are 2 steam rooms' date=' light and dark; two saunas, soft and hot; a salt room; snow room. The hydrotherapy pool/hot tub was not hot. Everyone wears swimsuits. 3 thermal loungers. It was an ok spa but not the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote']

The Spa sounds a lot smaller than the NCL Escapes! Only 3 Thermal loungers available?

Images show more lounges in spa, not sure what 'only 3 loungers' are being referred to. Look at posted images of each of the spa rooms/areas, there are many seating areas and loungers...

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/msc-seaside-994/msc-aurea-spa-405462/

Cheers!

There are more regular loungers in the spa but only 3 are the thermal type where they warm up.

Thanks for the clarity that you were speaking to the quantity of the heated loungers.

Being that Seaside refers to part of their spa as a Thermal Area, I wrongly assumed you were speaking about loungers in general.

All spas and resorts seem to have crowded/rush times and unless you have reserved seating/cabana/etc. what you want might not be available at any time.

Life is good, especially when you are in a spa!

Cheers!

There are more regular loungers in the spa but only 3 are the thermal type where they warm up.

• 7 months later...
Is there an age restriction?

Yes, as per MSC USA website:

SPECIAL TREATMENTS FOR YOUNG GUESTS

The Teenage Kicks range offers a wide variety of facial and body treatments for younger Guests, all at teenager-friendly prices. Please note the following conditions that apply to teenagers using MSC Aurea Spa services:

• Body and facial treatments: 13 to 15-year-olds must be accompanied by an adult, present a waiver and wear a bathing suit at all times, while 16 and 17-year-olds can be unaccompanied but must present a waiver and wear a bathing suit. Their treatments will always be carried out by a therapist of the same sex.
  • Hair Dresser: guests under 18 years old can receive treatments on signature of a waiver.
  • Manicure & Pedicure: under 18 years old can receive treatments on signature of a waiver.
  • Solarium, Medi-Spa & Thermal area: guests under 18 years old are not admitted.

My wife and I are considering massages while on board that include access to the thermal spa area. Has anyone been in the thermal spa area that can tell me what they offer? Neither of us have much experience with spas but we were thinking it would be a nice quiet area to get away to whenever we wanted.

Are you able to access the thermal spa area 24 hours a day or only during certain hours?

Stupid question but what would you wear to the thermal spa while using it (you can really see how out of the ordinary this is for us lol)? Swim suit or?

Any answers or other advice would be greatly appreciated as we leave in just over two weeks! Thanks

Great questions. I've wanted to know the same things.

So bathing suits???