MSC Musica United Arab Emirates and Oman (January 2016) Trip Report

TeDaKi

Thanks for writing a great review. You included helpful information often not mentioned. Your pictures were spectacular! Though Dubai is easily researched, pictures of Fujairah, Muscat, and Sharjah will be helpful to those considering travel to this area. Sorry about your two negative taxi experiences in Dubai. That is more the exception than the norm and should be reported to the RTA if others experience the same. I look forward to your future travel reports on CC:)

A great review with so much useful information. The point about the taxi drivers - if you experience something like this just threaten(in a nice way!) to report them to the RTA and they will soon back down as they could lose their licence and even job for something like this. Once on my way back to my son's villa from the mall the driver got confused with the villa complex I need to head for (lot of new gated communities being built in the vicinity). After going round and round I said he was adding too much to the meter, he turned it off and we continued along for free and he even reduced the fare price for my inconvenience - my point is that they are not all out to fleece you.

To see Dubai to its fullest you definitely need some time pre/post cruise. I have visited my son and his family four times now and there are still places I want to visit and others I just love going back to.

The cruise from Dubai is just great - I will be doing this for the third time on 17th Dec '16 on MSC Fantasia during my month's stay with the family.

If you are travelling with children it is good to note that on MSC the children travel free on the cruise element up to 17 years of age. Only extras for children would be their air fare and port charges.

Good Luck with your plans.

Suzanne (Bristol, UK)

• 1 month later...

I was in Dubai last year and did the hop on bus and you get free wifi on all of them if you want to catch up on email between stops. Also free bottles of water you just helped yourself to each time you got on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have been to Dubai and just loved the city and also did HOHO bus but we learned a lot from your pictures and your review.

Thanks for all your info on a truly wonderful area of the world.

Sue

Thank you Sue for your kind words!! :)

Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL! What camera did you use?

Thanks! I use a compact digital camera : a Panasonic Lumix TZ60. I really love it! I've always had Lumix cameras and when people often see my photos, they can't believe they were taken with a "small" camera. No need to be carrying around big DSLR cameras on vacation! :D

• 1 month later...

I know this thread/review is a few months old, but I just found it.

First, I would like to say that NYC is the most visited city/tourist attraction in the world. WHY??? I have NO idea. It is filthy, dirty and disgusting. The only time we will go into the city, is to see a show or concert and even then..we HATE it. Garbage EVERYWHERE and it smells soooooo bad.

Having said that and after seeing these UNBELIEVABLE .....blow me away......gorgeous, PRISTINE, pictures.....ugh. Just love it.

Dubai is on our bucket list and I only hope that someday we will make it there. Thank you soooooo very much for your review. It was AMAZING.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Wow! Wow! Wow!

What an amazing review and beautiful photos. Thanks for taking us along your cruise vacation and sharing with us such amazing places. After going through your review and another by Steamboats makes me really want to try a cruise in this part of the world. I am blown away with the beauty and magnificence of a lot of these places. Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What a fabulous, detailed review, thank you so much. We're also Irish and are doing this cruise on Fantasia in March and will be there for St Patrick's day which is also my husband's 60th birthday. I loved your detail regarding HOHO, taxis and shuttles, all very helpful as we haven't cruised in this area before. We too prefer Celebrity and have cruised many, many times with them and, like you, have only chosen MSC because of pricing and the fly-cruise option. Thanks again for taking the time (and the photographs!)

What a fabulous, detailed review, thank you so much. We're also Irish and are doing this cruise on Fantasia in March and will be there for St Patrick's day which is also my husband's 60th birthday. I loved your detail regarding HOHO, taxis and shuttles, all very helpful as we haven't cruised in this area before. We too prefer Celebrity and have cruised many, many times with them and, like you, have only chosen MSC because of pricing and the fly-cruise option. Thanks again for taking the time (and the photographs!)

You are welcome! I hope you have a nice time there and enjoy some of the nice weather too :)

• 1 year later...

I travel a little so always read reviews. This is without doubt the best. You should be paid for writing reviews for travel magazines. I am booked for a similar trip February 2019. Your in depth descriptions and photos of places visited are immensely valuable to me and with the exception of escalated costs are relevant.

Thank you so much!

• 1 month later...