Be sure BOTH register for Black Card Status match

Markanddonna

Always apply before you sail . after your sailing you can not Staus match. Both passengers do not have to have the same level to recieve benefits. I qualified for Black and my DH was go.d . The Cabin was assigned a free meal;champagne ;chocolate strawberries etc. MSC does the right thing In this dept.

I couldn't create a MyNCL account for my wife so we couldn't statusmatch her. I'm Black and we have cruised together on every cruise so she should have been matched to Black too.

Do we really miss anything when only one of us is Black?

You're missing out on one chocolate ship and one one-hour session in the thermal suite, SC (which you won't miss out on as you already have thermal suite access as a YC guest, anyway!) :rolleyes:

I disagree. We were advised to get the status match for both. You are correct that we would get the dinner, chocolates, etc. But, if we both matched to black, we would get him another $50 OBC and the 15% applied to his booking. Both were applied to mine.

Sviergecruiser, I set up a NCL account for my husband to get the status match. I took a screen shot of his account and uploaded it for MSC. It can be done.

I take it you booked a Voyagers select cruise. If so, the 5 + 15% applies to the total cost of the cruise - not just the Black Card member. Also, the OBC only applies to the Voyages select cruises, so for those booking regular cruises, the OBC argument is moot!

Sviergecruiser, I set up a NCL account for my husband to get the status match. I took a screen shot of his account and uploaded it for MSC. It can be done.

It could not be done for my wife. I contacted NCL and they said that we should contact them again when we had a booked cruise with them and they should help us if we needed an account for her.

Maybe it could have been done if I had told them why I needed the account but I decided not to do that. The statusmatch didn't felt that important.

I take it you booked a Voyagers select cruise. If so, the 5 + 15% applies to the total cost of the cruise - not just the Black Card member. Also, the OBC only applies to the Voyages select cruises, so for those booking regular cruises, the OBC argument is moot!

Also isn’t it only 1 dinner for 2?per cabin now regardless of if you both have black status ? At least that’s all we got on Seaside!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also isn’t it only 1 dinner for 2?per cabin now regardless of if you both have black status ? At least that’s all we got on Seaside!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since the policy was changed last November to one complimentary meal for 2 PER CABIN, we've sailed 3 times.

The first time was the following month; the CC offered us another voucher for a second complimentary meal for 2 when I brought up the subject with him (after learning from Dave (Sidari) about it here).

The second time, we got ONE voucher, despite making pleas to the CC on the basis that it was a 4 week cruise (we really, really wanted another complimentary visit to Butcher's Cut on that one!)

Two weeks ago, on Poesia, we received TWO vouchers for a meal for 2. I'm surmising that there was either one, or maybe even two, reasons for this. There were only 11 cabins occupied by Black Card members; plus the Speciality Restaurant - Kaito - was practically empty for the whole week!

There is a review thread currently that the OP is reminded during the cruise that they are Black status matched and not real Black.

How do they know and has that been your experience?

The crew have absolutely no way of telling that someone with a Black cruisecard has status-matched or earned the points from sailing MSC - unless the passenger tells them it's only their first MSC cruise. The Cruise Consultant may (or may not) know - I'm not sure if that information is available to him/her.

The crew have absolutely no way of telling that someone with a Black cruisecard has status-matched or earned the points from sailing MSC - unless the passenger tells them it's only their first MSC cruise. The Cruise Consultant may (or may not) know - I'm not sure if that information is available to him/her.

That was the answer I was hoping for. Thanks again.

Sorry Todd ... something I should have said for those who may not know: the Cruise Consultant is the person onboard who deals with Voyagers Club members (as well as selling future cruises). They ensure you receive all the benefits due for the different levels, such as arranging the distribution of sparkling wine & choc-dipped fruits for Black Card members as well as the chocolate ships and 'gifts', plus organising the 'Welcome Back and Black Card members' events. This is why I said that I'm not sure if this person is made aware of how people have achieved their membership levels; even if they are, they would not divulge this to any other crew member.

• Like 1