The end of PSQ's

Balaena

No one has actually said that they declined to complete the survey.

We are not required to fill in these forms, for free market research.

Surely, there are many who do not complete these questionaires.

Even for a prize draw.

I always vow not to fill it in. But, invariably I find the need to do so. There is always some niggle or other, nothing worth complaining about at reception, but something that could have been done better.

Seeing as these questionnaires are used to judge whether the stewards get their share of auto grats, I wonder how they rate the unanswered questionnaires?

No one has actually said that they declined to complete the survey.

We are not required to fill in these forms, for free market research.

Surely, there are many who do not complete these questionaires.

Even for a prize draw.

Well, I meant to imply that I don’t complete them. I don’t have time or inclination when busy packing. I expect many others also don’t bother.

Fred Olsen do an online one after return and I do usually complete that one, at my leisure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, I meant to imply that I don’t complete them. I don’t have time or inclination when busy packing. I expect many others also don’t bother.

Fred Olsen do an online one after return and I do usually complete that one, at my leisure.

P&O also do an on line one and have done for 2/3 years. I suspect they will be pushing harder on that form of feedback.

Passenger Service Questionnaire I think.

Forms were always on the dining table, we weren't given them.

I have never seen them in Freedom dining.

We are always very friendly to the crew so they probably feel we will mark them excellent without being pestered to do so.

I have never seen them in Freedom dining.

We are always very friendly to the crew so they probably feel we will mark them excellent without being pestered to do so.

Being pestered is my #1 reason for not giving "excellent".

We were given a simple A5-sized questionnaire on Azura last week, with a one 0-10 'overall' scale, and 2 small boxes for comments to return to reception. We also had the email survey waiting when we got home.

First cruise, so can't compare to previous questionnaires, but sounds like it might be an improvement.

Thank goodness for that. I felt I had to fill it in so my steward got excellent. They are long and boring to complete. I'm on holiday!

On my last P&O cruise the idiot steward got a low mark on the form. I was confined to my cabin with sickness and he burst into the cabin waving the form around I told him to get out in as loud a voice as I could while suffering from severe stomach cramps. Maybe he was fired!

PSQ could be a valuable tool for a company to improve its service, iron out issues which customers flag up on a regular basis as irritating or poor and generally have a finger on the pulse of their business.

However it's been totally wrong imo to link it to wages with the resultant moral blackmail to which many felt obliged to succumb.

I have no problem doing a survey at home if I feel inclined, without the link to pay being an undercurrent but do think that P&O should invest in some serious time in thinking through what exactly they hope to achieve with such surveys.

I think it has a place eg. in being able to rate the performers, specially guest acts - what's the point in getting acts back if they really were very poor in eyes of the majority? And getting feedback on how much a particular destination was liked by passengers or opportunity to mention any ideas for improvement like 'what could we do better?' is valuable.

But using it as a tool to beat staff is not acceptable in my book and I would be very pleased to see the current PSQ go along with the pressure placed on passengers to perhaps inflate their ratings.

After all if anyone has really bad service or a genuine complaint surely they would bring it to the attention of management whilst on board and if with the demise of t****** passengers who which to acknowledge good service can do so personally. My guess is that with potential cash incentives staff would be keen to try to impress.

PSQ could be a valuable tool for a company to improve its service, iron out issues which customers flag up on a regular basis as irritating or poor and generally have a finger on the pulse of their business.

However it's been totally wrong imo to link it to wages with the resultant moral blackmail to which many felt obliged to succumb.

I have no problem doing a survey at home if I feel inclined, without the link to pay being an undercurrent but do think that P&O should invest in some serious time in thinking through what exactly they hope to achieve with such surveys.

I think it has a place eg. in being able to rate the performers, specially guest acts - what's the point in getting acts back if they really were very poor in eyes of the majority? And getting feedback on how much a particular destination was liked by passengers or opportunity to mention any ideas for improvement like 'what could we do better?' is valuable.

But using it as a tool to beat staff is not acceptable in my book and I would be very pleased to see the current PSQ go along with the pressure placed on passengers to perhaps inflate their ratings.

After all if anyone has really bad service or a genuine complaint surely they would bring it to the attention of management whilst on board and if with the demise of t****** passengers who which to acknowledge good service can do so personally. My guess is that with potential cash incentives staff would be keen to try to impress.

It is the same with RC survey with crew actually asking you to give a 10.

You are right it is a bit emotional blackmail and the cruiselines can claim excellent scores in their marketing advertising.

Usually on Princess they do a fake "cookery show" which is just a bit of fun and not a real cookery demonstration on the last day of the cruise. It includes members of staff from chefs, maitre d, waiters and others and even includes a song "7 is the magic number" which ids the minimum mark they want you to give on the questionnaire you receive online by the time you get home. Very cynical.