A record of onboard prices

Eglesbrech

There are a couple of threads about the introduction of AI packages and what that might mean in terms of bar prices potentially rising.

Recently P&O restricted the alcohol pax could bring onboard. They also around the same time increased the price of the litre bottles of spirits for use in cabin, not by much but it is an increase. (There are some reports that this has stopped being available at all).

I thought it would be useful to have a thread that could be bumped back up every now then that records factual information about prices.

I know some of you out there have photos of bar menus, in cabin drinks menus etc. Could you post them on here with a note of the date they were being used?

Over time it will be interesting to see any trends. We all know for example how much tips have gone up in the last 2 or 3 year and that room service has gone from being complimentary to a chargeable item.

Even the extra pay restaurants have gone up significantly in price since they were introduced (above inflation), though still great value IMO.

So does anyone out there have prices you can share as a baseline.

There are a couple of threads about the introduction of AI packages and what that might mean in terms of bar prices potentially rising.

Recently P&O restricted the alcohol pax could bring onboard. They also around the same time increased the price of the litre bottles of spirits for use in cabin, not by much but it is an increase. (There are some reports that this has stopped being available at all).

I thought it would be useful to have a thread that could be bumped back up every now then that records factual information about prices.

I know some of you out there have photos of bar menus, in cabin drinks menus etc. Could you post them on here with a note of the date they were being used?

Over time it will be interesting to see any trends. We all know for example how much tips have gone up in the last 2 or 3 year and that room service has gone from being complimentary to a chargeable item.

Even the extra pay restaurants have gone up significantly in price since they were introduced (above inflation), though still great value IMO.

£30pp for Epicurean on Ventura for our August cruise.

Oceana from June 18

IMG_8684.thumb.JPG.7b3b7e4814cb05fbe94a585c5b5811e8.JPG5c2f92a67c02db03f0655a9a3b2d2595.jpgbfb8417aa2e2b4afada1b9d1280587db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IMG_8681.thumb.JPG.5f8554415cac423bf82d01bc23c05743.JPG

IMG_8682.thumb.JPG.10a43db5629e5a786bba4afc1075dc67.JPG

Interesting thread. Many people book cruises a year or more in advance, and the amenities advertised and the price thereof can change substantially between deposit and final payment time - and even from final payment to boarding.

So are P&O in breach of anything e.g. material differences? Would we be able to cancel without financial penalties?

Speciality restaurant prices vary by length of cruise and always have and are clearly stated on P&Os website.

Yes they are and thats helpful information for people to know. The point is that they change over time and this thread will maintain a record of how the prices change, as I said above.

Many thanks to those who have posted information so far.

You are more interested in the price of drinks I presume. cover charge restaurant prices are variable

Drinks, cover charges, tip costs, mini bar, room service some people may even be interested in the spa costs.

It’s just a record to see how things move up (or down) over time. If we had done this a few years ago the overall price of the cruise would be down but everything else up.

Not long ago I came across a receipt from Azura in 2014 which I had been using as a bookmark. A pint of Carling back then was £3.85, which compares with £4.10 for Fosters these days, so a 25p or 6.5% increase in the price of a pint in 4 years.

I tried to add the same menu from Ventura for the 17th June 2018, that Caravan 37 added from Oceana, but it won't let me. It says there is a security token missing. Do I have to do something special to add images.

The prices differ from those attached here.

Not long ago I came across a receipt from Azura in 2014 which I had been using as a bookmark. A pint of Carling back then was £3.85, which compares with £4.10 for Fosters these days, so a 25p or 6.5% increase in the price of a pint in 4 years.

October 2016, Carling pt was £3.95; Peroni - £3.95; Budweiser - £3.65; Remy vsop - £3.75 and White Zinfl bul £16.95.

Laundry of one dress shirt £4.40

I tried to add the same menu from Ventura for the 17th June 2018, that Caravan 37 added from Oceana, but it won't let me. It says there is a security token missing. Do I have to do something special to add images.

The prices differ from those attached here.

Higher or lower (Brucie)

Higher or lower (Brucie)

Higher by a smidgen, I think it was about 15p per drink for the poolside menu, but not sure about wine (I don't have the photos to hand).

Just off Britannia, I was drinking 50ml bottles of Fullers London Pride and St Austell Tribute, price was £4.15 a bottle which comes down to £3.80 when you knock off the 8.5% discount they give you for sailing with them previously.

Both fine ales.

Wine we bought the Captain's 12 bottle offering at £204 which was very good value compared to selecting the by the bottle price.

I have had a quick look back through the tipping threads in the archives on here and found the following changes and dates. This is based on information folks on here have posted.

If any one has anything further back or can correct any of the dates then please do so.

23 March 2018 - £7.00

2 April 2017 - £6.00

April 2016 - £5.50

May 2015 - £5.00

June 2014. - £ 3.95

October 2013 - £3.50

April 2012 - £ 3.15

November 2011- £3.10

The last couple of cruise we've been on I sometimes think they don't put any alcohol in the "long cocktails" especially later in the evening perhaps they think we won't notice! I now stick to wine ha ha

I'm glad I'm not the only person who has noticed that. On Azura, just over a week ago, I had a Long Beach Iced Tea cocktail in the planet bar. The first one was fine. The second one, you could tell there was something missing. It tasted like my OH's mocktail! I sent it back though the woman who served me insisted it was what I'd asked for. I did ask her to try it herself but she said she couldn't, I guess it'd be like drinking "on the job" even though I'm sure there was little or no alcohol in it. Anyway she soon bought it back and it was much better :)

With reference to prices, most cocktails were about £6+, I didn't take any photos of drinks menus.

Sam.

Couldn't download the drinks brochure .. too large!! However here are some prices from 2001 for todays comparison.

Bal

Dom Perignon £69.75

Lanson Black Label £23.10

Chablis £17.40

Sancerre £14.20

Chateauneuf-du-Pape £14.45

Australian Sandford Estate Chardonnay £12.85

Argentina Terrazas Chardonnay £9.00

England Denbies Surrey Gold White £8.85

Chianti Classico £14.45

Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc £11.50

Rioja Reserve £13.40

Highland Spring Mineral Water 330ml .60p

Sorry but I have better things to do on my cruises than take photos, notes of drink prices and have no interest in what they cost in 2010, 2005 or 2000. Life is too short and go on cruises to enjoy not worrying about price increases what items everywhere havent increased in last 5, 10 or 15 yrs.

Sorry but I have better things to do on my cruises than take photos, notes of drink prices and have no interest in what they cost in 2010, 2005 or 2000. Life is too short and go on cruises to enjoy not worrying about price increases what items everywhere havent increased in last 5, 10 or 15 yrs.

So why are you wasting your precious time posting a reply then?

To each their own,