Renting a scooter

mommers234

We just returned from Ruby Princess Alaska cruise. My husband has diabetic neuropathy, and cannot walk long distances. We rented a scooter, and it was a lifesaver. The scooter was waiting for us at a kiosk just before boarding. It worked out very well. The only challenge is getting it in and out of the stateroom, but he mastered that quickly. You can take the scooter off the ship. It has an 8 hour batter life, so you can do some exploring. I highly recommend it for anyone with mobility issues.

Thank you for your information. I just rented a scooter for my husband. Hoping all goes well.

Cgv

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear Scootaround is reliable! We are sailing NCL at the end of the month and apparently Scootaround is the only company they will deal with. I've recently torn my meniscus and am currently non-weight bearing on my bad leg, so I'm going to have to rent something to get around on during our cruise (no way am I relying 100% on these damned crutches to get me around!) I was thinking wheelchair but after doing some reading on CC, I'm thinking a scooter is the way to go.

• 2 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:32 AM, Ginnyfyr said:

Glad to hear Scootaround is reliable! We are sailing NCL at the end of the month and apparently Scootaround is the only company they will deal with. I've recently torn my meniscus and am currently non-weight bearing on my bad leg, so I'm going to have to rent something to get around on during our cruise (no way am I relying 100% on these damned crutches to get me around!) I was thinking wheelchair but after doing some reading on CC, I'm thinking a scooter is the way to go.

I'm in the exact same spot for my upcoming NCL cruise that you were in. Did you rent the scooter? Would love to hear your input.

Pat

On 11/15/2018 at 10:21 PM, Sabiney said:

I'm in the exact same spot for my upcoming NCL cruise that you were in. Did you rent the scooter? Would love to hear your input.

Pat

Hi Pat! Unfortunately we had to cancel our cruise as I developed a blood clot in my leg and couldn't fly to the port, so I didn't get to rent anything 😞 I hope you have a great cruise and are feeling better soon!

1 hour ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Hi Pat! Unfortunately we had to cancel our cruise as I developed a blood clot in my leg and couldn't fly to the port, so I didn't get to rent anything 😞 I hope you have a great cruise and are feeling better soon!

So sorry you missed your cruise!!! Thank you for replying and I hope all is better now.

Pat

4 minutes ago, Sabiney said:

So sorry you missed your cruise!!! Thank you for replying and I hope all is better now.

Pat

Thank you! All will be well by this time next week. The blood clot is long gone (thank goodness) and I'm having meniscus surgery on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to hobbling around as I get used to walking again! 

Good evening, 

I rent a scooter for my DH on every cruise we've done the last several years. We sail out of Seattle on HAL or Princess. Each time I have the scooter delivered to the cabin and DH is wheelchaired off and on. For a $5.00 tip each time it's a godsend for us and he's taken care of from the minute we get off the parking lot shuttle until we get to the cabin. We've used Scootaround multiple times and have not had any problems. WE also rent an oxygen concentrator for the room and last time we rented a walker (not sure we'll do that the next cruises). 

Karen